LEAD HOUSE ATTENDANT: The House Attendant Leader is responsible for supervision of all aspects of the hotel public area cleanliness, inclusive of associate training, general office duties, maintenance and inventories, orders and controls, etc. This is a fast paced position. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and safe working practices and conditions within department at all times. May regularly assist with cleaning projects and other duties as assigned. Assist the Housekeeping Management team in managing the day-to-day activities of the House Attendants. The Lead House Attendant will report directly to the Director of Housekeeping and/or Housekeeping Manager.
- Carrying or lifting items weighing a minimum of 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
- Assist in all departments as needed to maximize guest satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with other departments and Department Head.
- Assist in maintaining overall Associate Satisfaction.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Must be able to multi task and exude outstanding attitude.
- Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties such as filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms, and updating log books, etc.
- Control expenses and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Alert management of potentially serious issues. Assist with scheduling and Laundry assignments to ensure proper coverage.
- Monitor performance, conduct retraining as needed, and make recommendations for disciplinary and other human resources-related actions.
- Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential, must be able to multi task, have outstanding attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and attention to detail. Must be results orientated with ability to be flexible.
- Must be able to pull and push heavy loads.
- Must possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills, and experience in preparing and presenting proposals. Must be results orientated with ability to be flexible.
- Must be able to work an extremely flexible schedule. May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Must report to work on time as per scheduled shift start time. Must be able to comply with any/ all hotel Attendance & Punctuality standards, expectations and policies.
- Detailed visual inspection
- Communication skills required include clear speech and hearing ability.
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus one or more years of supervisory experience, preferably in a hotel, or two years housekeeping experience.
- 1-3 year hotel experience is preferred and prior supervisory experience preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills are essential, must be able to multi task, have outstanding attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and attention to detail.
- Must be results orientated with ability to be flexible, goal oriented and self-directed. The job requirements of the successful candidate will be a self-starter with a strong eye for detail, results driven and possess strong interpersonal and administrative skills.
- Must have strong conflict resolution skills and strong negotiation skills and must be Detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment and display hands on style of management.
- Must be guest service focused, and understand expectations of hospitality demands.
- Must have clear, concise verbal & written communication skills.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and administrative skills is required.
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel and Outlook is required, Power point & Opera is a plus.
- Bilingual is a plus (The ability to communicate in both English and Spanish is preferred).
- Must work well with others, be motivated, and display a positive energetic persona.
- Must be guest service focused, and understand expectations of hospitality demands as well as market trends.
- Outstanding hospitality skills and must possess good oral and written communication skills.
Pacific Hotel Management, LLC. is a privately-owned company specializing in the development and management of high quality hotels using a variety of franchise brands, combining a focused corporate administrative staff with a "hands on" management philosophy to operate profitable, well-maintained hotels. PHM's professional management team manages mid-market brands such as Courtyard by Marriott to extended-stay brands such as Residence Inn by Marriott and Homewood Suites by Hilton, to upscale brands such as Westin, Sheraton and InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. PHM's newest hotel, The Clement Hotel Palo Alto is an all inclusive luxury 23 one bedroom all suite property.
Role: Lead House Attendant
Location: Palo Alto,
Apply for this job now.