Company: LEGAL SOUTHWEST
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: Competitive salary
A fantastic opportunity for a Legal Assistant to join a law firm based in Taunton central.
Our client is a firm specialising in Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence. Their dedication to these areas of law means that over the years the practice has acquired the necessary expertise and an excellent reputation for achieving results for clients.
The firm has grown to become one of the country’s leading Claimant Personal Injury law firms, enabling them to offer clients a high level of expertise gained over many years of experience in this field. The firm has also been at the forefront of defending the public right in this area, with their leadership of the Consumer Justice Alliance.
- Taking initial instructions from clients and preparing draft witness statements
- Preparing draft letters of claim
- Diarising and ensuring compliance with court timetables
- Liaising with experts ,counsel, clients and other general enquiries as required
- Attending in conference with counsel in person and on the phone
- Taking witness statements re liability and quantum
- Researching quantum and other issues as required
- Preparing court documents including claim forms, schedules of loss, particulars of claim, lists of documents etc.
- Instructing and briefing counsel
- Other Legal Assistant activities as directed by the supervisor
Person Specification: (Essential)
- Qualifications and/or experience to demonstrate clear ability to be successful in a Legal Assistant position (At least a Grade B Fee earner)
- Good knowledge of legal practice and should have an understanding/ experience of the MOJ portal, litigation and the Civil Procedure Rules
- Excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and dexterity of thought: cases are rarely straightforward.
- Compassion and empathy.
- A good mathematical, analytical brain.
- Excellent communication skills
Please get in touch if you would like more information on this role or send us your CV below in complete confidence and we will get back to you.
Legal Southwest will never, without exception, send out your CV without your prior knowledge or consent so please be assured that we treat every application with the utmost confidentiality.