$18.27 to $21.15 hourly
PLEASE NOTE THAT ALTHOUGH THIS IS A REMOTE OPPORTUNITY, LOCAL CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO SUPPORT ON-SITE BUSINESS DEMANDS
Robert Half has an opening with a company in the Construction/Contractor field, for a Payroll Administrator who can process payroll and is proficient with Microsoft Office applications. This dynamic work environment will be the perfect opportunity for your career, provided you demonstrate strong communication skills and adept problem-solving capabilities. This dedicated and passionate team is excited to offer you this incredible opportunity. Based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, the Payroll Administrator position is a long-term contract / temporary to hire opportunity.
- Put together summaries of employer social security, unemployment, and worker compensation payments and employee federal and state income and social security taxes to calculate all payroll liabilities
- Ensure employee confidence by protecting payroll operations and confidential information
- Report needed changes after maintaining payroll operations according to established policies and procedures
- Perform any other duties that arise in the course of normal business operations
- Facilitate company compliance according to federal and state regulations and guidelines
- Perform review and verification of source documents
- Draft relevant year-end reports, as well as weekly, monthly, and quarterly ones, for department heads
- Compile all information in reference to summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages for reports
- Handle payroll discrepancies through information collection and analysis
- Maintain all updates of payroll records by tracking changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- Exercise of proper data management by collecting, calculating, and entering payroll data
- Deliver assistance to payroll with internal and external audits
- Take charge of all questions and requests related to payroll
- Handle reconciliation of employee deductions and other relevant liabilitiesJob Requirements:
- Certified Payroll Professional designation favored
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Capable of managing high volume multi-state payroll, billing, licensing, AP, etc.
- Well-founded grasp of multi-state payroll
- General familiarity with Microsoft Excel
- Proven knowledge of HRIS Payroll System
- Comprehensive knowledge of UltiPro
- Experience with benefits payroll
- Payroll Tax experience
- Command of Process Payroll
- Special Payroll Deductions experience
- Experienced in basic accounting principles and solid financial acumen
- Mastery of internal controls
- Excellent data entry skills
- Previous experience using accounting software
- Dependability in Microsoft Office with strong Excel skills in particular
- Knowledgeable about federal and state payroll regulations and requirements
- Extraordinary analytical, quantitative and social skills
Accountemps, a Robert Half Company, matches skilled accounting and finance professionals with remote or on-site jobs on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our experienced staffing professionals can promote you to employers and advocate on your behalf. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. For more opportunities, get the Robert Half app and receive instant notifications when our AI matches your skills and experience with jobs.
When you work with us, you’re working with the best. Robert Half has been recognized as one of FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998 and was named to Forbes’ inaugural list of America’s Best Temporary Staffing Firms.
Questions? Call your local office at 1.888.490.3195. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to temporary professionals. Visit https://roberthalf.gobenefits.net/ for more information.