COMPANY: PUTNAM INVESTMENTS
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Reporting to the Senior Manager IT Audit and working closely with Putnam s Digital Technology Department, the IT auditor directs and participates in the performance of operational and IT audits across both Putnam and PanAgora Asset Management. You will be a key part of Putnam Internal Audit s ongoing work to ensure our technology control environment functions optimally. You will participate in all aspects of our technology audit and advisory engagements including pre-engagement planning, communication of findings and recommendations, development of final audit reports, and knowledge capture and audit process improvement. A minimum of one year of Information Technology or IT audit experience and a bachelor s degree (preferably in Information Technology) are required. If you are interested in learning how a global corporation manages all aspects of its technology environment this role will provide an excellent opportunity to see and learn while doing. The role can be expanded dependent on the candidate s previous experience
Putnam Internal Audit works closely with both Putnam and PanAgora Asset Management s Digital Technology Departments.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop audit steps and substantive testing procedures. Prepare audit material request lists and coordinate the receipt of the audit materials. Examine and verify operational and information technology and other supporting documentation and evaluate procedures used in the applicable systems of control. (20% of time)
- Execute audits of assigned areas. Research related subject matter, Examine and verify operational and/or IT processes and other supporting documentation. Conduct interviews and document results. Document audit results and review with manager. (40% of time)
- Responsible for developing the audit report in accordance with departmental requirements. Document conclusions of audit cycles and organize and reference work papers for manager s review. Identify control weaknesses, assess the financial impact of the weakness, and formulate useful and practical recommendations to management. Ensure that issues are drafted into report format for review prior to a closing meeting. Plan and conduct closing meetings with management noting their comments and explanations. (20% of time)
- Build and maintain relationships with key stake holders across various divisions. Advise and consult with business units on methods to utilize technology to increase efficiency and control effectiveness. Be an active team member that contributes toward improvements in the group s overall methods and effectiveness. Research new and emerging risk areas and their impact on the organization, its processes, and our overall audit approach and plan so we are prepared for external and internal events and change. (10% of time)
- Obtain a comprehensive understanding of the entity s operations, including major systems, specific policies and procedures as well as the industry standards. Proactively help Internal Audit build and maintain its knowledge repositories as a reference for future audit activities. Actively pursue continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and the auditor's career development. (10% of time)
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
MINIMUM PRIOR RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE TYPICALLY REQUIRED:
ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
Exceptional analytical, problem solving, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to identify complex business issues and recommend appropriate solutions.
Interpersonal skills are essential. The ability to communicate confidently, clearly and effectively, orally and in writing, is key to successful performance as an auditor. The individual should possess enthusiasm, initiative, sound business judgment, and tact.
At Putnam, we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.
- provided by Dice