Avarint executes Research, Development, Testing and Systems Integration programs in Information Exploitation, Medical Biotechnology, Chemical and Biological Defense, Public Health and Safety, Hypersonics, and Professional Services.
Avarint partners with many universities conducting cutting-edge research. The professionals at Avarint apply innovative research, rigorous testing and robust engineering to deliver cutting edge science and technology solutions allied to best-in-class business practices. We provide quality, responsiveness, and customer satisfaction.
We offer an exciting and challenging work environment with excellent benefits. We're currently looking for sharp, energetic and ambitious individuals to join our team. We have full-time opportunities at our Buffalo, New York office for Software Engineers.
Our Software Engineers focus on new development and maintenance of existing applications that support real-time simulation of and integrated air defense system (IADS, including radars, command and control (C2)) sites and weapon systems. Principal work activities include the analysis, design, implementation, testing and maintenance of C/C++ software products. The engineer will be required to develop technical specifications based on customer requirements and to provide estimates for assigned tasks.
- Create code that meets design specifications, follows standards, and is easy to maintain
- Responsible for unit testing of all code components produced
- Implement new features into existing products
- Troubleshoot, debug, and correct software anomalies
- Ensure that all enhancements, bug fixes, and new products are documented
- Work with other teams to ensure project requirements are met
- Provide information about the code and its behavior to non-technical customers and coworkers
- Explore problems and research various solutions to devise a work plan appropriate to solving the problems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Math or Physics
- Programming course work in common object-oriented languages such as C++, C#, or Java
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to reason logically and provide rational solutions
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work well within a group or individually on projects
- Candidate must meet eligibility requirements for a government security clearance
- A current government security clearance is a plus
- Domain expertise in effects-based simulation is a plus
- Domain expertise in operation of C2 systems is a plus
- Full benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, 401k with industry-leading company contribution, etc...
- Opportunities for continued learning, including a tuition reimbursement plan
- Flexible working hours
- Generous vacation policy
- Employee Wellness program
Salary commensurate with experience.
CUBRC maintains an Affirmative Action Plan to establish fair access to employment opportunities and to create a work community that is an accurate reflection of the qualified workforce.
Due to security clearance requirements, U.S. citizenship is required for employment
Avarint’s responsive, client-focused approach to research and development pushes the boundaries of innovation and technology. The way we think is what differentiates us in delivering custom solutions with access to safe and secure, state-of-the-art facilities.
Founded in 2013, Avarint is a wholly-owned subsidiary of CUBRC, INC., a not-for-profit research and development company headquartered in Buffalo, NY. The offerings of Avarint are closely aligned with those of CUBRC, and leverage CUBRC's 30-year history of providing groundbreaking research, development, testing, and engineering services to a variety of U.S. Government customers.
Role: Software Engineer / DIADS - Avarint
Apply for this job now.