Large multi-state fire protection company is seeking a fire alarm designer with the following capabilities:
- Ability to interpret engineering specifications and read bid drawings; which include Electrical, Mechanical and Sprinkler drawings that will affect the fire alarm design. Understand how these systems work together.
- Work closely with estimators and installation department to deliver fire alarm design drawings and submittals using AutoCAD, Word, Excel and Adobe.
- Must be able to run required calculations on system and circuits to select the correct equipment and avoid overloading.
- Provide accurate material lists to compare to the bid documents.
- Have a good understanding of current building and fire alarm codes.
- Be able to value engineer projects to help cut costs but still remain code compliant.
- At least 1 year experience as a Fire Alarm Designer
- NICET certification.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Windows, Outlook and Microsoft Office.
- Alarm estimating desired but not required
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Team player.
- Health and Dental Insurance
- 401K matching
- Paid PTO/Vacation
Pay will depend on experience.
Role: Fire Alarm Designer
Location: Las Vegas,
Apply for this job now.