We are looking for someone who truly enjoys all facets of the sales cycle within the green industry. If you get energized and motivated about developing relationships with prospective customers, identifying sales opportunities, and closing new business, this may be the job for you! If you describe yourself as a B2B "hunter" with a strong desire to help drive our growth initiatives, we want to hear from you!
As a Business Developer, you will sell landscape maintenance and development services within a designated territory. You will be responsible for developing strong relationships with your internal and external clients, managing the sales cycle from start to finish, and effectively partner with your operations team.
Here's an overview of what you can expect to do while working here:
- Develop and execute a sales strategy that aligns with our business objectives
- Build, manage and maintain a robust sales pipeline within an assigned territory
- Develop strong relationships with internal partners, prospective customers, and existing clients
- Meet with prospective customers to understand their needs and provide value-added solutions
- Drive revenue growth by identifying and closing commercial landscape accounts targeting Class A and B properties, schools, universities, HOA's, multi-family subdivisions, hospitals, etc.
- Provide creative landscape solutions as a part of the proposal process
- Create bids for proposal and negotiate contracts
- Report on all sales activity as requested by the leadership team
- Perform other duties as assigned by the leadership team
- Minimum 3 years of sales experience in the commercial landscape industry
- Valid Florida Driver's License and the ability to pass an MVR check
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Not afraid to make cold calls regularly as part of the sales process
- Excellent organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Flexibility and willingness to adapt in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
Preferred Skills & Experience
- NetSuite experience is a plus!
The well-being of our team members is important to us, and we want to ensure that you feel supported in your growth. Our benefits offerings include the following:
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance
- Ancillary insurance benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Weekly pay
- Ongoing training
- Career advancement opportunities
Here at Down to Earth, we pride ourselves in our commitment to our team and the communities we support. With over 1,200 employees spanning across 12 locations, we provide premium commercial landscape development, maintenance, and enhancement services serving multiple regions across Florida.
We are invested in shaping the future of the green industry by focusing on community, continuous improvement, and quality every time. We approach each project with the same business strategy and principles that have made us successful for 30 years: surround yourself with team members that care and offer services that exceed client expectations. We strive to build long-term relationships by exemplifying value through superior work.
Come and experience the Down to Earth difference! Join our team and work alongside Florida's best landscape and irrigation professionals. We offer the perfect place to work, learn, and grow. Learn more by visiting our website at #removed#
Down To Earth is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We strive to recruit, develop, and retain top candidates by providing an engaging culture and opportunities to grow and develop. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.