Our client is looking for a Finance Manager. This role provide support to Operations group, through information analyses (e.g. current processes, actual performance vs. budget and prior year, budget, etc.), preparation of operational data/analyses for publication to various constituents throughout company (Management, Sales, Product Management, Operations, etc.) who rely on/benefit from the information to make informed business decisions. Primary responsibilities will include assisting Operations team in the Monthly Operations Review, identification of areas for cost reductions and operational improvements, annual budget process, periodic forecasting, and periodic analysis of operations performance.
Academic Background: Graduate or post graduate (any discipline).
Must have handled similar role in a mid-sized organization.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage outsourced functions.
- Oversee the operations of the treasury department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
- Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
- Use hedging to mitigate financial risks related to the interest rates on the company's borrowings, as well as on its foreign exchange positions.
- Maintain banking relationships.
- Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure.
- Arrange for equity and debt financing .
- Invest funds.
- Recommend appropriate dividend issuances, based on historical dividend patterns and expected cash flows.
- Manage the preparation of the company's budget.
- Report to management on variances from the established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the company.
- Review the performance of competitors and report on key issues to management.
- Engage in benchmarking studies to establish areas of potential operational improvement.
- Interpret the company's financial results to management and recommend improvement activities.
- Review company bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of company throughput.
- Participate in target costing activities to create products that meeting predetermined price goals.
- Assist in the determination of product pricing in relation to features offered and competitor pricing.
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management.
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis.
- Create additional analyses and reports as requested by management.
- Oversee the extension of credit to customers.
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred..
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles..
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems..
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections.
- Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis..
- Experience in Government contracts with military applications.
- Small and large project/program orientation.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
My client is a global, artificial intelligence (AI) and intelligent automation company, creating new possibilities with data through automation, digitization, and enterprise intelligence.
Role: Finance Manager
Location: Palo Alto,
Apply for this job now.