Our client is seeking a Civil Structural Engineer to join their team of professionals. This position is based in Carson, CA
Performs engineering analysis and design of a variety of structures using various materials, including concrete, steel, and masonry construction. Participates in projects mainly within the civil/structural discipline as part of a project team. Responsible for managing his or her time to meet project schedule and budgets. Works with STAAD and other common structural engineering software. Prepares and reviews structural calculations and drawings for industrial, petrochemical, television, and movie studio production projects.
Performs assigned tasks on budget and on time.
- Teamwork with other structural engineering/design staff.
- May conduct field investigations to determine the as-built condition of systems or structures.
- Prepares structural calculations and reviews construction drawings.
- Prepares preliminary sketches, layouts, working and detail drawings and diagrams.
- Ensures compliance with required standards for plant physical layout and safety in design practices.
- Accumulates necessary data, including reference drawings, field notes, measurements, customer requirements, equipment manufacturer’s data, etc.
- Reviews project specifications, administrative and technical practices, design instructions, plot plan and supplier information.
- Performs computer analysis.
- Performs code review and assists with preparation of plans and specifications.
- Offers technical expertise to structural engineering/design teams.
- Checks, back checks, and corrects manual/computer drawings.
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering or equivalent.
- Familiarity with structural engineering software (STAAD).
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD software
- PE license preferred.
To apply for this opportunity, please contact Ann Pringle at 949-349-4922
TRS Staffing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. Employment decisions are based on job related criteria and not on the basis of any unlawful criteria. We ensure equal access to employment opportunities, services, and programs.
Must have legal right to work in the United States. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted
Role: Civil Structural Engineer
Apply for this job now.