Tradition is currently seeking to appoint a Client On-Boarding Analyst to be based within the London office.
Main responsibilities within the Client On-Boarding Analyst position include:
- Provide support and timely administration as required to the On-boarding Department and assist with the continual development of the on-boarding function within the London Office.
- Working within and assist in the development of the Front Office – First Line of Defence Client On-boarding Function.
- On-boarding low, medium and high risk accounts.
- Carrying out sanction screening on relevant stakeholders of new clients.
- Fulfil its duty as the outsourced function for Client On-boarding for other Tradition entities as per the formal outsourcing arrangements.
- Providing accurate and timely on-boarding of new clients for the Tradition London Group business entities.
- Working in collaboration with Second Line of Defence staff such as Tradition London Group Compliance Department.
- Initiating Give up agreements.
- Undertaking and passing all necessary training in line with the requirements of the role.
- Any other duties reasonably requested.
Key skills, experience and competencies required to be successful in this role:
- Sound knowledge of Client On-boarding process.
- Sound knowledge of related processes such as Know Your Customer (KYC) and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Regulations.
- Understanding of client regulatory and tax classification – MiFID, FATCA and CRS.
- Understanding of the EU / US / UK Sanctions regime.
- Understanding of the Anti-Bribery requirements.
- Experience / exposure to Give Up agreements would be highly beneficial.
- Previous experience in a similar role is highly advantageous.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills.