Supervisor, Bakery 2nd Shift
· Supervises plant production line workers with an emphasis on teamwork, safety and excellent sanitation practices in concert with overall company goals and vision, to produce the highest quality product at the lowest possible cost
· Ensures that necessary tools, supplies and equipment are available to perform production tasks effectively
· Schedules staff and prioritizes workload in order to manage team hours to allotted budget
· Performs training, compliance, record keeping, and duties related to achieving production objective
· Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture
· Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to Production Manager, Assistant General Manager or General Manager immediately
· Responsible for producing a quality product that meets all the Safety, FDA, BRC and customer regulations
· Executes Production Plan by meeting daily production objectives
· Effectively communicates as required with production manager
· Establishes efficient production processes for all the company’s product lines
· Ensures that all products are in compliance with QA and HACCP procedures
· Assures that all recipes, bills of material, labels, tools and equipment are ready prior to production start
· Inspects production lines regularly to assure that Good Manufacturing Practices are followed
· Makes certain that production areas are kept clean of waste, debris, and liquids to avoid safety hazards
· Account for all raw materials used in production process
· Investigates and resolves all production and personnel issues as they arise
· Takes disciplinary measures when an employee fails to comply with company regulations
· Responsible for making quality products that meet all the Food Safety, GMP, HACCP, QA, and customer requirements
· Effectively communicates as required with supervisor
· Ensures that at the end of the shift all documentation pertinent to production: materials, employee hours, and counts are accurate
· Resolves quality problems with QA participation immediately
· Identifies significant issues related to quality, safety, down time, production problems or any other unexpected issues
· Cross-trains all of the line personnel
· In case of major accident, calls 911 immediately. If the accident is minor, takes the injured party to the respective clinic/hospital, and writes the report immediately
· Other duties assigned by manager
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
· To be able to communicate, travel the facility and be able to make critical decisions and expedite solutions when situations arise
· To walk the line and monitor events
· Good communications skills, hardworking, dependable, and safety conscious
· Computer skills
· Ability to train and coach
Education, Technical Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Proficiency Level
· High School Diploma or GED
· 3 years of food preparation experience and 1 year minimum of supervisory experience
· Bilingual, English/Spanish preferred
· College degree or courses toward 5 years of food production experience
SuccessFactors: Job Requisition: Gen Labor, Bakery 3rd Shift
ARYZTA is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer(AA/EOE)
Why Join ARYZTA? Operating on five continents, ARYZTA has 57 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens worldwide (20 in North America), and a growing workforce of almost 20,000 employees.
As a leading global specialty bakery company, bakery expertise is at the heart of our business. Our North American brands -- including La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery® - are the leaders in their categories.
We’re committed to safety and quality
We maintain the highest standards for quality, and food and people safety. Our ARYZTA Cares philosophy ensures our responsibility to our people, our community, our environment, and the quality and safety of our food.
We’re committed to sustainability
We work hard to optimize the use of energy and water in our bakeries, maximize recycling, reduce our carbon footprint, and work with our suppliers to increase the sustainability of our food.
ARYZTA is a global baking company with a Passion for Good Food. We provide our retail and foodservice customers with a portfolio of bakery solutions so they can deliver memorable, delicious food to consumers. With operations in the United States, Canada, South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and New Zealand, ARYZTA has become a global leader in the baked goods industry and one of the largest specialty bakery companies in the world. Our leading bakery brands in North America include La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. We have 58 state-of-the-art bakeries and kitchens around the globe, with 24 of those in North America, and are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. The Americas team champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
ARYZTA Americas operates one of the largest specialty bakery businesses servicing all major customers in the retail, foodservice, QSR and convenience store channels.
The Americas Structure includes four operating Business Units: Brazil, Canada, ARYZTA US Baking Solutions and ARYZTA US Consumer Foods, which are serviced by the Americas Central Support Functions covering areas such as Food Safety & Quality Assurance, Environmental Health & Safety, Sustainability, HR, Legal, IT, Finance Shared Services, Procurement, Category Management, and Commercialization.
ARYZTA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Role: PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR
Apply for this job now.