POSITION: Mechanical Maintenance Technician
LOCATION: Mitcham, Surrey, CR4 4NA
HOURS: 38 Hours per week
SALARY: £26,000 per annum
BENEFITS: Overtime, call-out allowance, 23 days annual holidays, pension, regular health checks, on-site parking.
Our client is a global supplier to the Composite & Coating Industry with 19 manufacturing sites and 5 technology centres in 12 countries. The company is one of the world's largest suppliers of unsaturated polyester resins for composites and a leading supplier of coating resins for a wide variety of markets and applications.
Due to continued growth and success, our client is currently looking for a Mechanical Technician to join their maintenance team. The successful applicant will provide hands on approach, undertaking mechanical maintenance activities at our client's UK plant site, situated in Mitcham, Surrey.
This is a fantastic opportunity for Mechanical Maintenance Technician, looking for a long-term permanent role in a strong company with excellent values.
You will be responsible for:
· Planned and preventive maintenance (PPM) across the site, as well as responding to breakdowns.
· Mechanical maintenance on heavy process plant, pumps, agitators, pipe systems, ancillary equipment for steam, water, oil heating & cooling, RTO/incinerator.
· Ensuring that the plant runs at optimum capacity with minimal downtime.
· Working flexibly as a part of the maintenance team, during or after working hours, weekends, bank holidays under overtime and call-out, when required.
· Adhering to health & safety requirements at all time.
· Other duties as required.
Due to the requirement to cover emergency call-outs you must be based locally, only candidates who meet this criteria will be considered.
To be considered for this position, you should ideally have mechanical engineering qualification (apprenticeship / HNC / HND / City & Guilds / NVQ etc.), and experience in an Industrial working environment.
If you would like to apply for this Mechanical Technician role, then please send a copy of your up to date CV by clicking the APPLY button
Keywords: Engineer, Engineering, Engineering Vacancies, Maintenance Engineer, Service Engineer, Repairs Engineer, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Mechanic, Engineering, Engineer, Maintenance Technician, Mechanical Maintenance Technician