The Logistics Manager plans and coordinates the ordering and distribution of products, parts and accessories for Supply Chain COE or assigned program.
Manages the daily operation and administration of integrated logistics for a global IT modernization program for the Department of State, with primary oversight of the warehouse.
Oversee the management and control of the warehouse functions, maintain tight inventory controls.
Ensure timeliness and cost-effectiveness of incoming and outgoing shipments.
Provide accurate and on time shipping for deployment fulfillment.
Institute efficiencies through interfacing and coordinating with transportation suppliers, customers, procurement offices, and ALM ILMS/WMS program support.
Become an expert in ILMS/WMS and deployment management system as it relates to logistics performance and leverage systems to track and report receiving, warehousing, inventorying, packing and shipping of BOMs.
Forecast equipment needs and recommend priorities in coordination with Operations for way forward.
(Typical duties include the following, although specific duties vary by assignment or contract)
- Ensures adequate and timely distribution consistent with good inventory control.
- Manages distribution network functions to achieve proper inventory levels, including warehousing and traffic strategies.
- Manages logistics personnel and activities for assigned sites to best support operations and/or maintenance requirements.
- Collaborates with site, regional, and project leadership, including operations and maintenance management, to develop or revise plans, policies, and procedures for logistics support in area of responsibility.
- Pursues optimal performance from assigned resources with consideration of time, cost, and customer (government) objectives.
- Develops and briefs site performance reports, identifies issues, and resolves concerns.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of logistics problems, applications and distribution systems.
- Proven results dealing with internal and external customer requirements.
- Strong working knowledge of applicable logistics automated systems for the assigned function.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Excel and PowerPoint.
- Additional knowledge/skills may be required by contract or assignment.
Experience & Education
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in logistics or supply chain management with at least one (1) year in supervision or management of logistics or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, business management, or associated discipline preferred.
- Additional experience/education may be required by contract or assignment.
- Active SECRET Clearance
Physical Requirements/Working Environment
- Assignments typically in normal office environment.
- Living and working conditions at assignment location could be remote and uncomfortable.
- Long hours, exposure to weather and hazardous conditions.
- Personnel should be aware of moving on short notice and under adverse conditions
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
About DynCorp International
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on over seven decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. DynCorp International is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit our blogs Inside DI or DI at Work or follow DynCorp International on Twitter.
DynCorp International is a leading global services provider offering unique, tailored solutions for an ever-changing world. Built on more than six decades of experience as a trusted partner to commercial, government and military customers, DI provides sophisticated aviation, logistics, training, intelligence and operational solutions wherever we are needed. For more information, visit #removed#-intl.com.
Role: Integrated Logistics Support Manager
Apply for this job now.