Our partner Secondary School in South Stockport require a Learning Support Assistant who specialises in the area of Moving and Handling. This is a full time Moving and Handling position starting In September supporting a KS3 student on a 1:1 basis with the working hours being 8:30am-3:30pm.
This is a large mixed comprehensive establishment with over 2000 students on roll in an affluent area. A multi award winner for its SEN provision and learning support team working at this school will provide a rich and rewarding experience with the facilities and support in place to make a significant and positive impact on the students you are responsible for supporting.
Located in the SK9 post code there is a train station 10 minutes away, with direct routes from Manchester and the surrounding areas. In this role you will meet regularly with the schools SENCO to discuss student progress, future plans and performance reviewing so you are consistently providing high quality and direct targeted support.
As a learning support assistant you will be provided with regular internal training and development in addition to having access to Teaching Personnel's CPD academy.
Highlights of the learning support assistant role;
- Excellent facilities and teaching aids at your disposal
- Rewarding position supporting students across years 7-11
- Pay up to £350 per week dependant on your experience
- Continuous professional development and training courses at your disposal
Desirable criteria for this role;
- Experience of moving and handling
- Previous experience in a similar work field
- Relevant qualifications or degree
- Empathetic nature and flexible working attitude
- Desire for working in education and with young people
- Fully enhanced DBS certificate and suitable references
To apply for the learning support assistant role you will need to upload your CV. For more information please contact Rob at the Manchester Secondary Branch.