We are currently seeking an experienced Quality Engineer, who will act as a Quality interface to provide expertise to our customers, proactively assuring that the customers’ quality needs and expectations are understood and satisfied.
· Strong background in Quality Inspection as well as Engineering background.
· Capable of reading and interpreting customer blueprints.
· Able to perform inspection of product to the blueprint specifications using standard measuring instruments such as: micrometers, bore gages, optical comparators, surface analyzing equipment, calipers, height gages, etc.
· Be responsible for assuring Quality documentation is properly maintained.
· Facilitate the investigation and elimination of causes of quality problems and follow-up on corrective actions.
· Develop, implement, and audit inspection plans following approved Quality Management systems.
· Develop and analyze statistical data and product/process performance.
· Provide support in development and evaluation of process capability, process control plans, analysis of conditions, and process audits with the objective of improving process performance and capability.
· Ensure quality goals are met to customer satisfaction.
· Responsible for several components of a project or complex components of a larger project.
· In-depth knowledge of testing of complex gearboxes and components for the aerospace industry.
· Fully developed professional able to work without direct guidance or direction from others
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or ASQ certification as a CQE (Certified Quality Engineer) required
- At least 3 years experience in a Quality role.
- Proficiency in blueprint interpretation
- Hands-on experience in inspection, strong GD&T knowledge
- Strong math background
- Skilled in customer interaction
- Problem-solving skills (8D RCCA), PFMEA, control plans
- Experience with AS9100, ISO
- Proven track record of understanding and managing First Article Inspection
- CAD software experience: AutoCAD and Inventor, SolidWorks
- Six sigma experiences or LEAN
- Strong PC skills MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand the English language
START - Specialized Talent Acquisition Recruiting Team. We offer 24/7 staffing services to the Metro Detroit Area.
Role: Quality Engineer (Aerospace)
Apply for this job now.