ELSA (Emotional Literacy Support Assistant) - Portsmouth
We require a suitably qualified ELSA specialist to work in a friendly, community focussed Primary school. The school is considered among the best resourced Primary's in Hampshire and recently received a 'good' OFSTED report. The school are committed to an inclusive policy and work hard to provide a supportive and safe space for all pupils. The headteacher invites collaboration whilst supporting individualism within his pupils, with each receiving the support and the push they need to reach their potential.
The successful candidate will work in tandem with the SENCO as part of the pastoral provision for the school. The role requires a team player who can adapt to differing abilities and situations. We believe the successful candidate will need to be enthusiastic, passionate, and resilient. An essential requirement for the role is to be able to build and maintain strong relationships with pupils, guardians & staff in equal measure. You must also be comfortable working with children who come from complex economic backgrounds and troubled home lives.
We can offer:
- A meaningful, impactful role in a lovely school
- A supportive, specialist staff
- A community that encourages the school to participate
- Challenges with effective support and rewards
- Opportunities to further training & qualifications
- A committed Headteacher
- Weekly pay, pension contributions & a personnel consultant