Position Title:ARCHITECTURAL PROJECT MANAGER
Reports to:Director of Construction
Summary:Works with Weber construction project managers and field personnel, architects, engineers and clients to provide construction administration, pre-development, post-development and quality control for a variety of projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1 Use creative thinking, communication, analytical and drawing skills as part of design-build approach to construction solutions.
2. We work with a diverse range of clients in the multifamily, assisted living, hotel and affordable housingindustries. The Architectural Project Manager will work with Weber construction project managers and superintendents to ensure successful projects. Candidates must be able to:
• Thrive in client-contact situations.
• Discuss the objectives, requirements, and budget of a project with various stakeholders and team members.
• Provide various pre-design services which may include conducting feasibility studies, site selection, and prepare conceptual designs and layouts for the client to review.
• Work with design consultants to develop construction plans that achieve client goals for constructability, financial viability and timely implementation.
• Make periodic site visits and create field reports as required.
• Coordinate Requests for Information between field personnel, consultants and owners.
• Review and manage distribution of shop drawings and submittals.
3. Apply professional knowledge together with practical knowledge of architecture, engineering and construction methods/techniques in accomplishing assignments.
4. Attend meetings when appropriate to make presentations and provide resources for the work of the project often traveling to client locations and jobsites throughout the U.S.
5. Work with Weber Construction Project Managers and owners to develop and evaluate project budgets.
6. Work on projects that may vary in type/size as well as the use of accelerated schedules, the need for new/specialized equipment, materials and methods.
7. Manage unforeseen conditions of design or construction and provide viable cost effective solutions in a timely fashion.
8. Coordinate with a variety of interested parties, e.g. contractors, architects, engineers, local state or federal government officials, state & local regulatory agencies & the public.
- Ability to read and analyze construction drawings and specifications.
- General understanding of building codes, zoning laws, fire regulations, and other ordinances.
- General understanding of AIA contracts and documents.
- Ability to establish goals and priorities: perceive and analyze situations requiring attention and perform duties in a timely manner often under pressure.
- Ability to develop relationships with a variety of clients, consultants and sub-contractors.
- Ability to plan, implement and or oversee diverse programs.
- Strong verbal, written, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to use judgment and discretion; to keep confidentiality; to exercise tact and diplomacy.
- Skilled in drawing both freehand and in an electronic environment, using tools including (but not limited to) Autodesk Building Design Suite, Sketch Up and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor's Degree in Architecture or Engineering.
- 5-10 years’ experience in an architecture firm, engineering firm or construction setting, with experience in field observation and construction administration.
- Works beyond normal working hours, on weekends when necessary.
- Travels, locally, regionally, and nationally as needed to represent the company.
- Communicates using English language.
Weber Group offers both design and construction services. Weber Group is an award-winning Design+Build company recognized worldwide. Today, Weber Group maintains a diverse client base with a strong foothold in building affordable housing apartment homes across the country. Our expertise in conventional, as well as experiential environments, has transcended to Amusement Parks, Waterparks, Zoos, Museums, Botanical Gardens, Aquariums and Science Centers. We continue to stay involved in destination resorts, mixed-use developments and multi-family housing.
Role: Architectural Project Manager
Apply for this job now.