We are seeking a part-qualified Accountant to join our large finance team on a permanent basis. This role will sit in our EMEA Head Office in Hammersmith, London.The Role
Reporting to an Accounting Manager, the Accountant is responsible for the accounting processes and deliverables for various lines of business managed by the team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working with the Accounting Manager in overall preparation of monthly and quarterly P&L and balance sheet accounts, including co-ordination of all schedules, reconciliations and reporting packages for review by the Accounting Manager or Senior Accountant
- Responsibility for all key balance sheet reconciliations as defined by the Senior Accountant.
- Assisting Senior Accountant with maintaining of fixed asset register for The Disney Stores ensuring all controls are in place as per corporate guidelines.
- Assisting Senior Accountant with processing of all stock ledger related journals ensuring stock and related cost of sales are properly accounted for. This includes preparation of stock and related liability reconciliations and ensuring any control issues and/or reconciliation differences are resolved timely
- Responsible for key reconciliations between the Front of House, and reporting systems.
- Performing various recharges and allocations, which may include maintenance of the WBS environment
- Identify and drive areas of improvement within current processes with the aim of maintaining the current high standard of service provided in a more efficient manner.
- Ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley and Disney Minimum Control Standards.
- Preparation of various business reports on a timely basis providing accurate commentary and follow up on variances where required.
- Supporting management and wider finance team on any ad-hoc duties.
Suitable candidates will ideally possess the following skills and experience:
What we offer:
- Part Qualified CIMA/ACCA
- Retail Experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Strong educational qualifications with working experience within Accounting
- Working experience of financial reporting
- Experience of working in a Corporate Environment
- Strong excel skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills to establish effective working relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure in an environment where priorities must be continually re-evaluated and adapted as possible.
Imagine the stories you can be a part of…Right to Work
- Competitive salary
- Excellent benefits
Please note that all of our UK based roles require you to have the existing right to work in the UK.
See descriptionRole: Accountant Job Type: Permanent , Full TimeLocation: London, England, EnglandApply for this job now.