We are seeking an Operations Manager - Cargo to become an integral part of our team! You will coordinate and oversee the organization's daily operations.
Total Airport Services (TAS) Operations Manager will oversee all operations, managing, supervising, directing, training, safety and maintenance of personnel, cargo and ground equipment. The Operations Manager will manage all day-to-day business aspects of our operation and drive improved service efficiency within cargo services single/multi-terminal network. This position will manage and develop department heads in cargo (receiving, warehousing and distribution operations) and Sales (marketing and presentations), while effectively demonstrating TAS organizational guidelines as defined in our Best In Class program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITES AND DUTIES
Operations Manager is responsible for:
· Lead and direct TAS employees in all matters concerning operations. Provide counseling, discipline, support and advocacy for all TAS operations staff and identify and propose solutions to challenges facing front-line employees.
· Assist Cargo Terminal Manager in all operational aspects of the station and fill in during his/her absence.
· Demonstrates a deep understanding of the air cargo market segments and business priorities. Key challenges, operational procedures and regulatory requirements.
· Ensure TAS operation functions at maximum productivity and efficiency and tools and equipment are in proper working condition
· Manage relationships with corporate leaders, HR, other Managers, supervisors, leaders in other airline divisions and with airport staff to ensure successful coordination of day-to-day airport operations work. relationships with industry influences and key strategic partners to promote business operations.
· Manage daily planning and scheduling of people, equipment and resources and resolve questions and conflicts; set and communicate approach for resolving large-scale irregular operations, such as delayed flights, severe weather, natural disasters, etc.
· Communicate to all front-line employees and ensure they maintain working knowledge of policies, procedures and service standards as well as the use of standard tools and systems; ensures Best in Class policies and procedures are adhered to and enforced while maintaining the highest level of safety and customer service standards
· Resolve employee issues escalated by Supervisors and Leads; manage compliance and regulatory federal/state reporting and associated follow-up with employees, including conducting and supporting Safety Board of Investigations, on-the-job injuries and related follow up.
· Strategic planning and execution to enhance profitability, productivity and efficiency throughout TAS operations. Reinforce a Best in Class culture.
- Other duties as assigned.
Managerial experience is required to include extensive experience overseeing a geographically diverse and multi-functional leadership team. Experience overseeing warehouse operations and cargo operations is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience in operations or other related fields
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Serious Candidates apply on TAS website at : #
Total Airport Services, Inc., (TAS) is an airline service company with headquarters in Spring, Texas. The company offers a wide-array of services to airline carriers and airports throughout the United States. It's based on a business model that highlights personalized, Quality Customer Service for airlines and airports.
Our service is personalized because senior management is involved and committed to our customers. With TAS, each of our customers are unique and special; not just another number in a long list of contracts. If there ever is a problem, it's handled quickly and to our customer's satisfaction. We do this because we believe that satisfied customers are our best marketing tool. If our customer succeeds, then so do we!
Our Quality Customer Service, a critical component of airline and airport service, means consistency and reliability to our customers as they serve the traveling public. Whether it's safely turning aircraft on time, insuring airports operate properly, or helping shippers safely move their cargo, TAS is a company that specializes in Quality Customer Service.
We perform these services in five primary areas. These are: Cargo Aircraft Handling; Cargo Warehousing; Passenger Aircraft Handling and Passenger Services; and Airport Support Services.
View TAS video click here #videos.php
Role: Operations Manager - Cargo
Apply for this job now.