The Collector is responsible for collecting monies owed on delinquent medical accounts in an expeditious manner to ensure account resolution. The Collector must maintain a professional and respectful demeanor at all times. The collector assists patients by offering suggestions and information in regard to payment arrangements, and account disputes, also performs skip tracing and re-bills insurance companies when appropriate. The Collector must possess the ability to work independently, excellent customer service and communication skills, patience, flexibility and the assertiveness to achieve goals. The Collector relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under general supervision: typically reports to a lead. A moderately fast paced, medium pressure environment. Some degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Performs Quality Customer Care by providing our clients the highest levels of production and resolution.
- Execute Inbound and Outbound telephone calls utilizing project reference templates according to our client guidelines.
- Collecting payments from patients on Self-Pay accounts
- Gathers information, researches/resolves inquiries and resolve patient accounts.
- Communicates appropriate options to patients, attorneys and other third parties for resolution in a timely manner.
- Maintain proper work standards in productivity and quality at all times.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma / GED
- Have a working insurance collection knowledge including verification of insurance and insurance follow up activities to get claims paid.
- 1- 2 years’ experience in Call center/Collections operations in a Healthcare field.
- Ability to handle over 100 calls per day.
- Bilingual in Spanish Preferred
Work Environment / Physical Requirements
- Work environment is an office location. The position requires the dexterity to operate office equipment such as a personal computer, keyboard, mouse and telephone
- Occasional lifting may be required up to 25 lbs
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time with frequent bending and stooping
This role profile is not intended to be an exhaustive list of qualifications, skills, efforts, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position
GetixHealth is an equal employment opportunity employer / Pay is Base + Commission dependent on Experience.
GetixHealth is a healthcare revenue cycle management company. Our focus is providing our clients with "best in class" service, and providing our employees with opportunities for professional success and growth in a "best place to work" environment.
Role: Recovery Specialist
Apply for this job now.