Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Salary: £8.91 - £9.21/hour
Christchurch House in Ipswich provides temporary supported housing for people aged 16-21. We are actively recruiting for a Concierge to join our wonderful team.
The Concierge is part of the team delivering our young people's supported housing service in Ipswich. The Concierge will support young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness and who require a level of support before they are able to sustain their own accommodation.
You will ensure that our customers receive an excellent level of support that is centered around their aims and aspirations. You will work alongside our customers to ensure that throughout the night they feel safe, happy and are able to access support should they need it.
* work alongside our customers to ensure that throughout the night they feel safe and happy and can access support should they need it
* support our customers to manage risk and respond to any concerns of behaviour that may be causing risk or breaching their occupancy agreement
* undertake building health and safety checks throughout the night and report repairs or damage
* clean communal areas and prepare rooms for re-let
* work as part of the wider team by undertaking admin tasks and ensuring records are completed so we have a seamless service
* manage any visitors that may come to the service and deal with any behaviours that break the house rules
* spend time getting to know our customers and be a contact for them should they want support during the night
We are looking for someone who is passionate about supporting others and who is confident to respond if someone needs support. It is important that candidates applying for this role enjoy a challenge and are confident to lone work.
Our ideal candidate will:
* have experience in identifying methods to successfully engage with vulnerable people across a wide range of backgrounds and with diverse needs
* have experience of lone working and the challenges that may bring
* have previous experience of working within this field
* be committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people
* be a confident communicator, active listener and compassionate supporter
We are a Sunday Times Top 100 Employer and a Silver Standard Investors in People accredited organisation. We aim to provide a supportive working environment alongside a non-judgmental and open culture, that promotes workplace wellbeing.
As part of our benefits package you can enjoy -
* 22 - 26 days annual leave (pro rata) plus bank holidays
* ongoing training and development
* reward and recognition awards & bonus schemes
* free DBS checks
* free Hepatitis & Flu vaccination
* Wellbeing promise
* pay rise on completion of probation
Closing Date: 12th July 2021
Interviews: Available Immediately
Full PPE will be provided including certified face masks which are always required to be worn in line with current Public Health England guidelines.
Orwell is committed to safeguarding and safer employment and the principles of empowerment.
Successful applicants will be required to complete an Enhanced DBS Disclosure