Company: DEKA RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
DEKA Research and Development, housed in Manchester, NH, is looking for a detail-oriented Network Engineer with strong communication, technical and team skills. Expertise in all phases of network connectivity including planning, project management, documentation, troubleshooting, remote access, and network security is required.
How you will make an impact:
- Plans, designs, implements, monitors and maintains the operational health of the local and campus area networks
- Installs, configures, and supports networking and security equipment from a wide range of industry leading vendors including Cisco (including ISE), F5, and PaloAlto
- Troubleshooting all aspects of network connectivity issues including VPN, ISP, P2P, etc
- Champion best practices, and stewardship by constantly seeking to improve personal knowledge and company processes
- Participates in a 24x7 on-call support rotation and provides highest level escalation expertise for network operations trouble resolution
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- BS in Information Technology or related field or equivalent proven working experience in the field
- At least 3-6 years of network engineering experience in an enterprise environment or lead network engineering role
- CCNA, CCNP, certification strongly preferred
- Strong troubleshooting of routing and switching protocols
- Extensive PaloAlto VPN management experience
- Demonstrable experience reading packet sniffer traces and debugging application conversations
- Demonstrable experience troubleshooting bandwidth utilization monitoring solutions
- Strong vendor negotiation and business relationship skills
- Ability to work concurrently on multiple tasks and projects
- Strong documentation, organizational, and project management skills
- Mentors others, sets the example of others to follow and demonstrates initiative, customer service, and attitude
One hour from the beach, Boston, and the mountains, the historic Amoskeag Millyard once housed the largest textile mills in the world. It is now home to DEKA Research and Development, where we are taking the same innovation and cutting-edge technology into the modern age.
Behind DEKA's brick walls sits a team of professionals who strive to make a difference every day through thoughtful engineering, design, and manufacturing. Here at DEKA, some of the most innovative and life-changing products of our time are created, and new ideas are always welcome and explored.
Powered by JazzHR