JOB TYPE: Full Time, Permanent
SALARY: £20,000 - £29,999, £30,000 - £39,999, £40,000 - £49,999, £50,000 - £59,999
Your opportunity Cyber Risk & Security. Everybody's talking about it.
Every major corporation is concerned by it. The Government is investing £1.9 billion in tackling it. We're shaping strategies and transforming technology to minimise it and we need you to join us. You'll build strong relationships within a Cyber practice with some 300 FTE extremely talented individuals. Our team brings together people who graduated in everything from Philosophy to Law, Maths and Computer Science. Join them and you will operate at the cutting edge, enjoying the kind of professional development that will set your potential free.
We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
We are looking for market facing experienced security professionals, with substantial experience and the ability to deliver complex projects and identify, generate and deliver sales opportunities and develop and maintain client relationships at a senior level. Successful candidates will have a broad range of expertise across information security and be able to articulate, sell and deliver different Deloitte Cyber Security propositions to our target markets.
At the senior manager level, successful candidates will be required to own a portfolio of clients within their sector to either maintain and expand existing relationships, or work with the firm's networks to open up new relationships and identify opportunities. Responsibilities will be primarily on this market-building aspect, but the successful candidate will also be responsible for the high quality delivery of security engagements, typically leading junior resources as part of a wider fieldwork team.
As part of Deloitte's Cyber Security practice you will assist clients in one or more specific sub-sectors based in the relevant region, which covers Consumer Business, Technology, Media and Telecommunications, Energy and Resources, Manufacturing, Business and Professional Services and Healthcare Life Sciences.
- Defining a security strategy and target operating model for an information security function
- Conducting security risk, capability and/or maturity assessments
- Defining, mobilising and managing security enhancement projects and programmes
- Designing and implementing specific information security solutions covering people, process and technology
- Managing the client relationship for the delivery of penetration testing of IT infrastructure and applications, which would be executed by a technical supporting team
- Response to a cyber-attack involving both crisis management and investigations
- Advising on Privacy and Data Protection matters
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Our national practice team has grown very rapidly over the past few years, and continues to do so, we are now further develop our capability in the regions. The team combines a wealth of deep industry knowledge with both business advisory experience and technical expertise. Our national practice has specialists covering security topics such as cyber threat management, online fraud prevention, information protection, data privacy, and identity and access management. Successful applicants will need to be sufficiently comfortable on these topics to be able to discuss them with our regional clients as an entry to the practices broader capability.
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Location - Birmingham or Manchester with occasional domestic and international travel. This is a permanent full time opportunity.
Your professional experience
- Significant Cyber Security experience within corporate organisations.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a track record of developing strong client relationships
- Delivery of client engagements, typically leading the fieldwork delivery using a team of resources and planning and staffing projects for clients based on complex deliverables and programmes of work
- Taking responsibility for budgets, and client deliverables
- Evidence of working with leadership teams to identify, generate, develop and execute sales opportunities
- Development of sales pipelines and new propositions and services
- Broad range of security experience, e.g. cyber strategy, security target operating models, security transformation programmes, security change initiatives, security technologies (such as information protection, firewall rule set review, network segregation etc), privacy, security standards such as ISF, ISO, SANS etc.
- Experience of developing bids/tender documentation
- Managing key client stakeholders' relationships (middle management and CxO level).
- Strong technical abilities, combined with business acumen
- Preferably internal or external consultancy experience
- Strong academics, including a minimum of 2.1 degree or equivalent experience
- Qualification such as M.Inst.ISP, CISSP, CISM, CCNP, CIPP/E preferred
- Holds (or is able to hold) at least BPSS national security clearance
Your service line: Risk Advisory
We don't just work with our clients to manage risk, we help them understand and grab the opportunities it presents too, helping them gain a competitive advantage. Our expertise and industry knowledge run deep here. At Deloitte, you'll find yourself working with some of the most inspiring and experienced colleagues and with clients who trust you to lead the way to smart choices, better control frameworks, and new systems, including bespoke solutions that have a direct impact on their bottom line.
Regulation and controls are standard practice in our industry and Deloitte is no exception. These controls provide important legal protection for both you and the firm. We are subject to a number of audit regulations, one of which requires that certain colleagues abide by specific personal independence constraints. This can mean that you and your "Immediate Family Members" are not permitted to hold certain financial interests (shares, funds, bonds etc.) with audit clients of the firm. The recruitment team will provide further detail as you progress through the recruitment process.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Legal, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: Deloitte North and South Europe
The UK is part of Deloitte North and South Europe (NSE), the second largest member firm in the Deloitte network. Deloitte NSE combines operations in Belgium, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Malta, the Netherlands, the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden), Switzerland and the UK. Deloitte NSE brings together 2,500 partners and over 40,000 people, combining our unmatched breadth and depth of capabilities in audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, and tax and legal across the region. Being part of Deloitte NSE supports our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and will create more opportunity and growth for our people.
What do we value?
What brings us all together at Deloitte? It's how we approach the thousands of decisions we make every day. How we behave, our beliefs and our attitudes. In other words: our values. Whatever we do, wherever we are in the world, we lead the way, serve with integrity, take care of each other, foster inclusion, and collaborate for maximum impact. These five shared values lead every decision we make and action we take, guiding us to deliver impact how and where it matters most.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work - and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we're looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and its registered office at 1 New Street Square, London EC4A 3HQ, United Kingdom.
Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NSE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"). DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL and Deloitte NSE LLP do not provide services to clients. Please see #removed#/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.
© 2020 Deloitte LLP. All rights reserved.
Requisition code: 175124
Role: Senior Manager, Cyber Risk, Risk Advisory, Birmingham
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Location: Birmingham, England, England
Apply for this job now.