Summary of Position:
Responsible for the multiple Projects accounting. Creating financial reports, budget vs cost to date, forecasting cash flow for assigned entities, Significant experience with commercial construction accounting is desired.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review subcontractor pay apps and general invoices for data entry accuracy, proper approvals, third-party insurance compliance, etc.
- Assist Contract Managers and Contract Coordinators to resolve any issues that arise in the review process.
- Work side by side with Project Managers to track budget vs cost to date and change orders.
- Prepare open AP report with check selections for bi-weekly check runs.
- Review and/or enter billings and commitments and commitment change orders into Spectrum (Viewpoint).
- Prepare and enter general ledger journal entries for financial statements.
- Prepare and enter direct job cost entries for allocations to and/or reallocations of job cost.
- Assist in preparation of monthly general ledger close reconciliations.
- Responsible for monthly owner billings of various projects held by joint venture entities.
- Responsible for the coordination and review of monthly subcontractor pay applications and supporting documents, including applicable prelim and final lien releases and insurance-related documentation.
- Provide necessary support to project owners to allow for complete and accurate draw requests to project lenders.
- Cost transfers
- Invoices to be included in weekly disbursements cycle
- Process budget updates
- Monitor subcontractor compliance (insurance, billings, etc)
- Monitor cash position of the project
- Work closely with PMs and Project Executives on project accounting and administration
- Enter and route project related invoices
- Maintain project related documentation (contracts, COIs, liens, etc)
- Certified payroll
- Lien waivers
- Joint checks
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field is preferred.
- High School Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma is required.
- Minimum 2-4 years of progressive accounting experience with a background in commercial construction is required.
- Understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, cost accounting with the emphasis on job costing, and long-term construction projects.
· Extensive experience surrounding contracting with subcontractors and material suppliers required.
· Proficiency with various computer hardware and software and accounting systems that are used in the real estate industry, such as, Sage300, TimberScan, and Viewpoint/Spectrum
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Job Type: Full-time
- Spectrum (Viewpoint): 1 year (Preferred)
- Accounting: 4 years (Required)
- Project Accounting: 2 years (Required)
Role: Project Accountant
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.