Coastal Transportation is a family owned and locally operated shipping company, we understand the value in capably serving the communities of Western Alaska and the Aleutian islands through fast, efficient and reliable cargo transportation and have been doing this for over 30 years.
We are looking for a full time Warehouse Worker/Freight Processor who wants to work as part of a great team, who wants to get the job done and has a desire to continue to learn and grow. Below is an outline of the job duties, work experience and the skills that we are looking for.
Essential Job Function/Duties
- As necessary weigh, shrink wrap, band and/or consolidate freight to prep for shipment.
- Stage or load freight to maximize cube and damage
- Ensures proper product identification, counts, weights and tallies
- Notify quality control of any damages to freight
- Load outbound conveyances, take pictures of completed load and the seal attachment is verified
- Must comply with Coastal’s safety program
- Assist long shore crew as directed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- 2 years relevant experience
- Forklift experience or the willingness to learn
- Ability to sort, stack, wrap and band freight (up to 65 lbs regularly and 90 lbs occasionally) for shipments
- Detail oriented
- A desire to learn and perform many different facets of a complex operation
- Flexibility in hours worked (including overtime) as needed and this may include weekends
- Ability to work as an individual and as a team member
- Great interpersonal communication skills with all employees and management
The job typically requires the ability to lift and push heavy objects. Work is performed in a warehouse and outdoors in all weather conditions. The employee may also be exposed to loud noises, heavy machinery, equipment and situations which require the utmost attentions to safety. Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
As a condition of employment applicants that are offered a position will be required to successfully pass our pre-employment criminal background check and obtain a negative drug screen result prior to hire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an equal opportunity employer and participate in the E-Verify program which was established by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) and the Social Security Administration (SSA) to verify newly hired employment eligibility.
Role: Warehouse Worker
Apply for this job now.