Our client in the financial services industry is looking for a Sr. UX Designer on a long-term contract basis.
- Candidates need to have corporate design experience.
- Looking for candidates with strong UX design skills and experience.
- Need to have experience collaborating with other user experience roles such as visual designers, writers and creative leads.
- Experience working with business stakeholders.
- This role will be supporting all of our marketing business segments (pod)s and digital projects, so the nature of the work will be quite varied, including the UX design of marketing campaigns, investment data and digital tools.
- Candidates should have strong mobile design experience.
Senior User Experience Designer:
- Under general supervision, leads the creation of user experience strategy, interaction and interface design artifacts. Collaborates with creative, product, technical and business stakeholders.
- Leads in the creation of user requirements to inform experience strategy & design. Participates in defining, gathering and analyzing user data (qualitative, quantitative) to inform the user experience. Creates artifacts such as personas, scenarios, analyses (heuristic, task flow, journey maps, and analytics), navigation models and interface concepts.
- Designs solutions inclusive of user requirements, design patterns & best practices, technology trends and project requirements. Gathers and incorporates feedback from end users, project stakeholders, technical and design teams. Works with visual designers and writers to create final artifacts. Provides input to technical teams during development phase to ensure interactions are developed as designed. Monitors feedback and analytics to recommend and prioritize iterative improvements.
- Creates rapid prototypes to illustrate design and interaction concepts. Demonstrates advanced skills with industry standard prototyping software on Mac OS. Builds and maintains prototypes of key user flows, interactions and design specifications throughout the design and testing lifecycle.
- Leads the continuous improvement of user experience design principles, best practices and processes. Actively engages with user experience and related communities. Demonstrates currency with current and emerging trends and technologies; incorporates into user experience practice. Recommends and ensures consistent use of design patterns across digital properties. Utilizes appropriate iterative development methodologies.
- Demonstrates user experience leadership to the creative team. Provides thought leadership, expertise and mentorship to others. Initiates and leads projects to improve overall digital experience by continuously evaluating user behavior, design and structure. Partners with external vendors to influence and advocate for consistency and usability standards. Collaborates within team and other departments to leverage and share ideas and recommendations to apply broadly across multiple channels.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of design and prototyping software and techniques on MAC OS
- Demonstrates the ability to lead projects of significant size and scope
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively influence senior leaders on design matters
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and analytical skills in broad areas relating to user experience, technology and design
- Demonstrates initiative by identifying issues for managers and team members; demonstrates sound judgment in resolving matters of moderate complexity
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of associates and senior business leaders; strong grammar and syntax skills; strong presentation skills; strong inter-personal skills
- Demonstrates strong detail orientation, process orientation, organizational, and multi-tasking skills; ability to effectively manage an unpredictable workload and meet established deadlines
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate and develop/maintain working relationships inside and outside the organization to enable effective completion of business objectives
- Demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment; initiative to work and learn independently and proactively contribute to department goals; and ability to lead others while maintaining effective business relationships with associates throughout the organization
- Requires 4-6 years of experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Updated Resume
- Online Portfolio/Samples
Combine the flexibility of a freelance career with the stability and benefits (health, dental, vision, 401(k)) an established, global organization like ours can provide. We market your skills, find you great gigs, and manage the client-side of the business so you can focus on doing the work you love.
Role: Sr UX Designer
Location: Los Angeles,
Apply for this job now.