Reach Your Peak at Vail Resorts. You're someone who pushes boundaries and challenges the status quo. You're brave, ambitious and passionate in everything you do. And we want you on our team. Pursue your fullest potential and never settle in the quest to deliver extraordinary guest service. Join one of the world's 50 most innovative companies as named by Fast Company, and re-imagine a mountain resort experience with us. Welcome to Vail Resorts. Reach Your Peak.
This is a supervisory position for the Mountain Dining back-of-house function, with direct reports. Ensures the efficient operation of the cooking team during assigned schedule. Responsible for hiring / staffing, scheduling and performance management. Also fulfills day-to-day work responsibilities for the organization as needed, and is thoroughly familiar with all areas of food preparation and restaurant operations.
- Supervises the kitchen staff in the absence of the Executive Chef
- Assists with purchasing, receives all food products and rotates stock as needed
- Daily and monthly inventories
- Receiving night deliveries when needed
- Night prep work when needed
- Oversees preparation & presentation
- Expedites all food items served
- Maintains all kitchen equipment
- Manages all policies and procedures in regards to the back of house staff in absence of the Executive Chef
- Maintains and abides by budgetary controls for the back of house
- Maintains a clean and hazard free work environment
- Monitors and Maintains the adherence of Sanitation and Safety rules
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent - preferred
- At least 4 years Restaurant experience - preferred
- At least 2 years supervising 10 or more people - preferred
- Must be able to lift and carry 50lbs - required
- Basic Microsoft Office and Outlook - required
- Fluent in English - required
- At least 5 Years Cooking in a Restaurant environment - preferred
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays - required
- Snow removal may be required
- Outside work may be required
This is an exceptional opportunity to work and play at America’s largest ski resort. A ski pass and many other seasonal benefits are included.
Becoming part of the Park City team means you’re joining one of the best ski brands in the world. The legendary Park City mountain and town are crafted from local charm and hospitality. And living and working in Park City brings its own benefits. From the hip and friendly ski-into-town cultural scene to the unrivaled Wasatch powder of America’s largest mountain resort, Park City has a pulse that’s as charming as it is rewarding. Join our team and come experience all that Park City has to offer. #removed#
Vail Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.
Requisition ID 179528