Under limited supervision, the diesel mechanic position performs work of considerable difficulty in the repair and maintenance of primarily diesel operated trucks and other vehicles and equipment; performs related work as assigned. The Diesel Mechanic main goal is to keep up our level of commitment to safety and customer service. In this role, the incumbent will perform truck repair and maintenance work in accordance with factory and industry standards, run diagnostics on vehicles and work closely with other team members to meet company goals.
Top candidate should know how to tear one engine down, repair it, put it back together and have it back running again up to specs.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Ability to quickly repair engines, air systems, electrical, hydraulic and mechanical functions of tractor and trailers.
2. Ability to re-program tractor ECM, Transmission and A/C systems.
3. Organize daily equipment requirements for company in conjunction with dispatch.
4. Prioritize repairs for tractors and trailers and give feedback to dispatch about equipment availability.
5. Organize setup of shop area, maintain cleanliness.
6. Performs inspections and preventive maintenance of vehicles and equipment with drivers and collect driver inspection sheets about equipment mechanical problems and decide which problems require attention and which not according to supervisor.
7. Inform supervisor of driver carelessness including equipment and tire damage and predict mechanical problems before they end up in a tractor or trailer shut-down. Setup equipment inspection system upon arrival and departure from yard.
8. Update maintenance and repair records for all equipment in writing with the purpose of tracking history and complying with US DOT requirements.
9. Control inventory of tires and parts, safe-keep tools and shop material, control tractor keys, pin-lock and locks.
10. Secure equipment at the end of the day including locking trucks and installing pin locks to all trailers.
11. Conduct regular preventative maintenance on service trucks, including inspection, tire rotation and oil changes.
12. May act as lead person in supervisor’s absence.
As a leading Logistics Services provider in the El Paso region, Gamer Logistics has garnered the trust of its customers and employees by providing reliable transportation services at competitive pricing. Our depth and breadth of offerings cover Asset based long Haul and Regional dry van trucking, Warehousing in El Paso, Detroit and Ciudad Juarez, Local cartage from box trucks to full trailers, Hot shot freight service, Air services including charters and a burgeoning Logistics Brokerage Division.
In the past three years, company revenues have doubled and will continue to grow at an accelerated rate. We invite you to consider Gamer as the path to develop yourself in a challenging career with strong growth opportunities.
We stand by our reputation with satisfied customers nationwide. We mainly serve the following industries: Maquila-Twin Plant Assembly, Automotive OEM components, Foodservice, Electronics, Paper products, Building materials & General Dry Freight.
Role: Diesel Mechanic
Location: El Paso,
Apply for this job now.