I-Series Monitoring Analyst
Hours of Work: 12-hour shifts covering 24 x 7 365 days of the year. Shifts are organised such that staff work one weekend in two.
Based in the Coventry office soon to be moving to Coleshill, the primary goal of the Monitoring Analyst is to focus on monitoring and preventive maintenance activities, automation and maintenance of monitoring tools and instruments.
Key Responsibilities/duties -
* 24 x 365 monitoring of internal and client network and server infrastructures,
* 24 x 365 Iseries High Availability Monitoring - ESSENTIAL
* Respond (as defined in the procedural documentation) to alerts and messages
* Following the 'Tick List' process according to documented standards and in a timely fashion.
* Monitor IBM i Systems and batch processes via GAM and Maximise
* Monitor the completion of all backups
* Investigate and resolve failures of scheduled backup or restores
* Log incidents with third party providers (EG: IBM, Lawson, M7) and manage incident to resolution
* Liaison with support groups
* British Summer Time changes
* Produce and distribute daily client handovers
* Scheduled Infrastructure testing (Fire Alarm, Generator)
Key skills required -
* Sound knowledge of AS400/iSeries/Power i
* Practical knowledge of operating systems: Windows server family, IP Services
* Knowledge of ITIL Concepts will be an advantage.
* Basic experience in Systems and Network monitoring.
Desirable/ Beneficial skills -
* Customer focus with good communication skills
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Flexible to work in a 24x7 support environment.
"My clients division provides high availability solutions, iSeries, Wintel, and network monitoring, and full systems management services to a broad portfolio of clients."
Interested? Apply now!
Notwithstanding any guidelines given to level of experience sought, we will consider candidates from outside this range if they can demonstrate the necessary competencies.
Square One is acting as both an employment agency and an employment business, and is an equal opportunities recruitment business. Square One embraces diversity and will treat everyone equally: Please see our website for our full diversity statement.
Role: I-Series Monitoring Analyst
Apply for this job now.