Head of Mathematics
Pay £35,000 - £49,000 + TLR (Salary is dependent on experience, training or qualifications). The minimum experience, training or qualifications required for this position are PGCE/B Ed or equivalent teaching qualification, QTS for the UK. Mathematics Teacher experience in a UK secondary school is essential, Leadership experience in the Mathematics Department is desirable.
January 2021 start date
Smart Teachers is recruiting for an experienced and qualified Head of Mathematics to join a good, all girls' school in Barnet, North London. Starting January 2021 this is a permanent, full time position. This is an amazing opportunity for a Head of Mathematics looking to join a school steeped in history with a successful academic record.
- Head of Mathematics
- Teaching Mathematics to KS3, KS4 and KS5
- Leading the Mathematics department within the school
- Permanent contract
- All girls' school KS3 - KS5
- Good Ofsted
- Successful sixth form on site
- Very well-established school steeped in history
- Students are encouraged to love learning and there is an excellent pastoral system in place to support pupils
- Pupils have a board range of extra-curricular activities that they are able to participate in to supplement their academic curriculum
- Nearest station is High Barnet on the Northern Line
To be considered for the Head of Mathematics Position, you will:
- Hold a Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree with QTS
- Have proven experience teaching the UK, or an equivalent, curriculum
- Be eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (to commence when schools re-open, subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers' Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE online EduCare training package, including 38 accredited safeguarding and duty of care online courses.
- Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Head of Mathematics who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic and to ensure we are fully compliant with Government guidance relating to social distancing, interviews with shortlisted candidates will take place