Company: KFORCE TECHNOLOGY
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Kforce is working with one of the largest and well-known Biotech Companies in the world in Waltham, MA. Our client is seeking an Information Security Engineer who will work on and configure multiple security systems including production endpoint and vulnerability scanning, anti-virus, and system hardening. The Information Security Engineer role will respond to security alerts, build remediation strategies with internal teams, and ensure compliance with information security best practices and standards. A remote option is available for this position. Benefits of this position:
- Paid Vacation, holiday, and sick time
- Medical, Dental, Vision Coverage
- 401k (US)
- Pension/RRSP Contributions (CAN)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
Responsibilities of the Information Security Engineer:
- Architect and implement IAM best practices that enable engineers to move quickly while ensuring security, compliance, and auditing requirements are met
- Collaborate with engineering teams to ensure secure infrastructure architecture
- Respond to alerts for security systems such as firewalls, IPS/IDS, SIEM, EDR, WAF, threat and vulnerability management tools working with teams to understand and remediate security vulnerabilities
- Design and implement threat detection and threat prevention across a multi-account, multi-region AWS setup
- Provide subject matter expertise on information security architecture and systems engineering to other IT and business teams
- Build a single pane of glass to aggregate security and vulnerability scans from multiple sources
- Automate security controls, data access patterns, and processes to provide improved metrics and operational support for engineering teams
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and assist in resolving issues outside normal business hours
- Engineering Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience
- Ability to deploy, configure, and utilize monitoring and threat detection services, such as Guard Duty, Cloud Custodian, Control Tower, Security Hub, etc.
- Experience implementing security controls for AWS environments, including setup and management of authentication controls, VPNs, KMS, AWS network controls, and configuration, etc.
- Strong development skills in any modern programming language
- Strong experience with AWS security best practices, especially the Well-Architected Framework with emphasis on the security pillar
- Skilled at containerizing applications with Docker or similar technology
- Ability to create, manage, and deploy infrastructure-as-code using Terraform or CloudFormation
- Skilled at communicating technical concepts to peers and non-technical persons respectfully and clearly
- Strong knowledge of Linux-based operating systems and security fundamentals
- Skilled at implementing secure, public-facing AWS Cloud-based systems
- Ability to securely configure and manage AWS services such as CloudFront, IAM, Route 53, S3, RDS, etc.
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.