The Staff Accountant role reports to the Global Controller for daily supervision, and interacts and functions cooperatively with all branches, and all levels of the organization. The Staff Accountant position performs highly responsible professional accounting work, including, but not limited to: including the preparation and posting of journal entries, balance sheet account reconciliations and implementation of accounting guidelines.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain accounting records in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist with Period Close process (month, quarter, annual), including:
- Posting of assigned period-end journal entries.
- Reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts.
- Proper revenue recognition
- Maintain account schedules, including Prepaids, Deferred Rent, Current/Non-current Debt, and others as assigned.
- Prepare, post and track General Journal Entries.
- Assist A/P staff with coding of payables (G/L, Dept, Location).
- Assist with additional duties as assigned.
- Maintain schedule of fixed assets, including additions, disposals, and calculation of depreciation.
- Maintain a good process for assets tagging at all locations
- Assist with the development and maintenance of a capex purchase requisition process.
- Reconcile all assigned intercompany accounts.
- Record any missing transactions as needed with proper supporting documentation.
- Assist with elimination entry preparation.
Reporting & Audit
- Assist with preparation of internal financial reports, including the 13-period P&L and branch reports.
- Assist with preparing external financial reports
- Assist with Ad hoc reporting, as assigned.
- Assist with External Review and/or Audit
- Prepare responses for PBC items
- Comply with company and department Policies & Procedures.
- Assist with design and documentation of Internal Controls.
- Understand transfer pricing methodology and able to reflect the proper entries
- Maintain organized accounting files - period close, reconciliations, journal entries, regulatory (both online/shared and hard-copy files).
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
BA/BS degree in Accounting. Minimum 5+ years of directly related to general accounting experience. CPA, MBA is not a requirement, but is a plus. Strong accounting technical skills. Experience in a manufacturing environment is highly desirable. Strong communication and collaboration skills a must to ensure cooperation and positive results.
Role: Senior Staff Accountant
Location: Lake Forest,
Apply for this job now.