Do you love working with students and helping them find success? Hondros College of Business is searching for an admissions professional who is experience in on-line education. Our Enrollment Specialist is responsible for guiding prospective students throughout the entire admissions and financial planning process. In addition, as part of the Hondros College of Business campus team, this role will support the completion of any administrative tasks associated with each Hondros College of Business class, seminar or event. This position is responsible for the on-campus student experience from start to finish.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compliance & Accreditation: Ensure all admissions, admissions operations and financial assistance documentation, student files, activities, policies and procedures comply with all compliance and accreditation standards.
- Lead Management: Ensure timely, accurate and complete input and follow-up of all leads into the student management system daily. This role requires extensive outreach to leads through phone calls and email, using the Hondros College of Business Lead Management policy and procedures. Develops creative approaches to generate and develop leads.
- Admissions: Follows the Hondros College of Business admissions policy and process to enroll prospective students. Accurately and compliantly communicates the program information to prospective students. Follows - up with all students who are in the admissions process until they have started class and passed the point of cancellation. Promptly submits all required reporting. Keep current on program offering, policy and knowledge. Share competitive and market information received from prospective students with the Hondros College of Business Leadership.
- Marketing and Business Development: Actively work with the marketing team to ensure all collateral effectively tells the HCoB story, develop relationships with all communities of interest that will help further the HCoB mission.
- Financial Assistance: Oversee the development, training and documentation of all the Financial Assistance programs. Develop and maintain relationships with all financial assistance agencies. Provides a financial over-view for all leads and prospective students. Once students are enrolled, the Enrollment Specialist will guide each student throughout the entire financial planning process to ensure each enrolled student is cleared to start class on day one.
- Student Advising: Responsible for the advising and retention of all newly enrolled degree students through the successful completion of the first term. On an on-going basis, will actively participate in advising current degree students with operational processes. Will advise all Single Subject students to ensure the completion of all needed academic credits with Hondros College of Business.
- Referrals & Testimonials: Actively seeks to develop referrals and testimonials for Hondros College of Business.
- Event Planning: Position leads team which plans and executes all activities and events such as quarterly student activities, new student orientation, recruiting events (onsite and offsite) Open Houses, Career Fairs (on and off site) and all Graduation activities.
- Administrative Tasks: Ensure all course and student data is entered accurately and timely into the student management system. Ensure all student files are complete and compliant.
- Training & Development: Participates in training of new staff. Continues to develop skills through professional development workshops as suggested and required by the Ohio State Board of Career Colleges and Schools.
- Committee Assignments: Active member of assigned committees.
- Assist with various special projects as assigned
To be successful the Enrollment Specialist has individual and team performance goals that focus on meeting minimum performance standards in the following:
- Compliance & Accreditation - Ensure all Admissions & Student Services documents, policies, files, class and student records are compliant with Hondros College of Business policies and procedures, and with compliance and accreditation standards.
- All leads are managed according to the Lead Management P&P and timelines
- Ensure all admissions policies and procedures are followed, documented with each student.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure program and college information is communicated and marketed compliantly and effectively to attract and retain students.
- Build and maintain relationships with agencies or organizations that can support our recruiting, financing and placement efforts.
- All enrolled students are financially planned two-weeks before the start of class. Enrollments after that point, by the first day of class.
- To retain newly enrolled students, provide a high level of service, communication and guidance to newly enrolled students through the successful completion of term one.
- Advise current students with quarterly registration, and access to any servces provided by the college.
- Actively seek referrals and testimonials from each enrolled and single subject student.
- Advise Single Subject students to ensure they are able to complete all needed academic credit
- Lead all event planning including, but not limited to open house, career fairs, and graduation
- Assist with all administrative tasks to make the daily operations of the program run smoothly and compliantly. Such activities may include but are not limited to: taking registrations, payments, reconciling classes, attendance tracking and follow up, outbound calls, competitive research.
- Participate with the onboarding, training and development of new hires.
- Actively participate in committees such as the CEP, Retention, Student Advisory and others as assigned
- Efficient and Effective use of all technologies needed for role
- Prepare and conduct effective presentations
- Project a professional image and provide outstanding customer service
- Cooperate and collaborate as a member of a team
- Take ownership and initiative for own professional development
The successful candidate must have the following minimum qualifications:
- Minimum of an Associate Degree. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-5 Years’ experience in Admissions at an accredited college or university with a demonstrated track record of successful admissions experience, to include telephone appointment setting, interviewing, closing and follow up skills. Experience in an on-line program preferred.
- The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and focused on student and program outcomes.
- Must be willing and able take initiative, and able to work both independently and with a team.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to prepare and maintain records, correspondence, reports and other data
- The successful candidate will have a high level of integrity, ethics and professionalism and must have a strong customer service orientation.
- Strong communication and presentation skills over the phone, in person and in writing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional office / work environment
- Experience working with standards of accreditation and compliance.
Able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing as to work requirements, work in progress, and/ or work completion. Strong interpersonal skills combined with a genuine concern for people, a good memory for names and faces, and the ability to listen and to relate with people of all ages and walks of life are required for this position. The ability to utilize active listening skills to ascertain areas of need, define problems, and determine possible solutions to meet expressed needs is also required. This position requires professionalism, competence, tact, diplomacy and a positive demeanor in the performance of all duties and when interacting with people within and outside the organization.
Able to use math to add, subtract, multiply or divide and may work with fractions, decimals, or percentages.
Most work is basic to moderate complexity and requires some judgment depending on departmental needs. Able to follow instructions and directions requiring normal periods of concentration. May require the ability to decide on a course of action and direct others in that course of action. Must be able to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks. Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Must be able to reasonably envision future needs and plan accordingly
Valid Ohio Driver’s License preferred
Routine physical demands for office environment. Operates all office equipment such as computer, copier, facsimile machine, printer and telephone. While performing the duties of this job employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee may occasionally be required to lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter with salary requirements, an updated resume and the names and contact information for three professional references through ZipRecruiter or through the link on our website at #removed# Hondros Family of Companies offers a comprehensive benefits package; a professional, yet fun working environment; and the opportunity to learn and grow in your career. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. (EEOE)
Hondros Education Group, part of Hondros Family of Companies, is one of the premiere real estate, appraisal, mortgage, insurance, and home inspection education providers in the nation. We offer online and live courses, comprehensive exam prep solutions, textbooks, webinars, instructor materials, technical support and so much more for students and partner companies alike. Building on over 50 years of experience and educating over 1 million students, we are acutely aware of the educational challenges in the industries we serve. We embrace those challenges and offer a flexible approach with customized solutions and support that makes both our students’ and partners’ jobs easier. It’s that kind of legacy that stands behind every quality Hondros product and service.
Hondros Education Group is the parent company presiding over Hondros College, Hondros Learning, CompuCram, Learn Mortgage, Hondros College of Business and Arizona School of Real Estate and Business.
Role: Admissions / Enrollment Specialist
Apply for this job now.