This position requires accounting work of some difficulty and the maintenance of a complete set of accounts and fiscal records for the capture and summarization of financial transactions utilizing a computerized dealership management system. Knowledge of accounting theory, principles and procedures is a position requirement. Automotive accounting experience is is strongly preferred.
Key Result Areas
· General Ledger Entries
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1) General Ledger
· Resolve accounting issues as they arise in the daily processing of dealership transactions.
· Investigate and trace errors and record adjustments to correct inadvertent postings to incorrect accounts.
· Reconcile all subsidiary ledgers to general ledger control balances monthly. In some cases, maintain spreadsheets or other auxiliary sub-ledgers to supplement standard accounting software capabilities.
2) Receivables, Payables
· Maintain vendor records and track outstanding obligations payable by due date so as to optimize cash flow and take full advantage of attractive vendor payment terms.
· Examine and distribute vendor invoices and other payment requests to appropriate general ledger account classifications.
· Issue checks in payment of merchandise purchases, supplies, services and customer payoffs
Job is based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida supporting dealerships in Texas remotely.
Role: accounting clerk
Location: Fort Lauderdale,
Apply for this job now.