Our client, the UK's leading specialist craft media group, requires a Sub-Editor to join its production team based at the Stockport office.
This position would suit a journalist with proven subbing skills, as well as sub-editors with some experience in a similar role.
About the company
The business is a market leading international media group specialising in hobbyist markets serving publications, e-commerce, websites and products to its growing audience. This rapidly growing and innovative business is poised for further growth and as a result is seeking a dynamic person who is bursting with enthusiasm and who thrives off working in a busy environment.
About the job
The successful applicant will be working across the company's portfolio of craft magazines and will be proofreading a wide variety of editorial content, focusing primarily on step-by-step project instructions and features. The sub-editor works as part of the company's larger subbing team, which ensures deadlines and quality standards are maintained across their print and digital business.
Other responsibilities will include the following:
- Sub-editing and proofing content across out portfolio of craft magazines
- Maintaining quality standards and editorial tone across all magazines
- Ensuring all deadlines are adhered to
- Liaising with internal staff as required
- Enforcing the company house style
- Deputising for Chief Sub-Editor when necessary
With that in mind the ideal candidate must have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Journalism/Publishing or other relevant field
- Experience using Adobe Suite, in particular InDesign, and Microsoft Office
- Excellent spelling, grammar and attention to detail
- Ability to hit deadlines & co-ordinate workloads accordingly
- 2 years of editorial experience is desirable but not essential
- Excellent communications skills
- High standards of work and the drive to only accept the very best
Craft industry knowledge would be an advantage but is not essential.
Terms and Conditions
Job Type: Permanent and full time.
Hours: Monday - Thursday 9.00am to 5.30pm AND Friday 9.00am - 4.00pm.
Salary: £Attractive DOE
31 days holiday per year (including bank holidays), free car park (Rota basis), cycle to work scheme, free refreshments, modern offices, company social events, flexible work patterns and auto enrolment company pension.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate and would like the opportunity to work for this reputable company, then please do not hesitate in applying with your CV and a covering letter, ensuring that you detail how you meet the essential criteria outlined above.
Closing Date: 9th April 2021