Pace Analytical Life Sciences, LLC is a premier Contract Research and Development Organization located just north of Cambridge, MA providing pharmaceutical development services for small molecules, biologics, oligonucleotide therapeutics, and other biopharmaceutical drug candidates.
We seek a highly motivated protein formulation scientist with a background in chemistry or biochemistry to partner with our clients in their efforts to develop stabilizing and solubilizing formulations for biopharmaceutical drug candidates. If you just recently graduated and enjoy problem solving, working in a lab, and want to continue from academia into industry this is a perfect role!!! Our clients include biotechnology and pharmaceutical companies from new startups to those with global operations working in the areas of oncology and rare genetic diseases. This individual will apply structural and chemical expertise to the preparation, characterization, and testing of candidate therapeutics. Competitive applicants will be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of biomolecule chemistry and structure, creative problem solving, an ability to collaborate in a cross-functional team, and clearly communicate scientific results. This is a full-time bench scientist position in Woburn, MA with title commensurate to experience.
• Independently design and execute experiments, analyze data, and understand the reliability of results.
• Present results and planned experiments clearly and concisely both verbally and in written documents.
• Maintain a strong awareness of scientific literature relevant to expertise and assigned client projects.
• Contribute to the technical capabilities of Pace.
• Write persuasive proposals to guide client pharmaceutical discovery and development.
• Continuously improve technical skills and acquire knowledge specific to the pharmaceutical industry.
• Strive to meet agreed-upon timelines and regularly communicate progress to other stakeholders.
An Ideal Candidate will possess skills in the following areas:
• Analytical characterization of monoclonal antibodies and/or other therapeutic proteins using chromatography (SEC, IEX, RP) and electrophoresis (cIEF, CGE).
• Biophysical characterization of proteins using spectroscopy (UV-Vis, fluorescence, CD), thermal analysis (DSC, DSF) and light scattering (SEC-MALS, DLS).
• Familiarity with liquid and lyophilized formulation preparation, including solution preparation by tangential flow filtration (TFF).
• Familiarity with LC-MS techniques (intact mass, peptide mapping).
Required Education and/or Experience:
• Ph.D. in biochemistry, chemical biology, chemistry, biophysics, or closely related discipline. Title will be commensurate with education and years of experience. M.S. candidates with 3+ years of industry experience and Ph.D. candidates with 0 - 2 years' experience will be considered at the Associate Scientist III level. Scientist-level candidates to have at least 2 years of relevant industry or post-doctoral experience.
• Established track record of significant contributions as an individual technical expert as well as the ability to thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills as well as polished presentation skills.
• Flexibility and outstanding time management skills.
• Background maintaining and troubleshooting scientific instruments and equipment.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in a lab and office setting, use standard office and lab equipment and stamina to sit for extended periods of time; exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull or move objects; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Work is performed in a lab and office setting. Work is subject to chemicals, fumes, gasses, noxious odors and related items in a lab setting.
OFCCP Statement - Pace Analytical is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any applicant for employment on the basis of race, age, religion, sex, veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
This position is full-time, permanent role working Monday through Friday 40 hours a week.