COMPANY: AUTO CLUB OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Data Warehouse Architect
As part of the Business Intelligence/Data Warehouse team, the Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) Architect is responsible for guiding the overall building and maturing of the EDW, with special focus on understanding business reporting and data analysis needs and creating flexible, scalable and efficient data models to support them. Working collaboratively with IS management and business partners, the EDW Architect will understand internal business processes and obtain detailed knowledge of the underlying data subject areas and data structures, working to create an environment where data is integrated, harmonized and easy to use and understand.
- Capture and analyze business requirements for the EDW.
- Design and develop data warehouse architecture, data models and integrations.
- Document relationships between entities.
- Architect physical data models, including normalized 3NF integration layers and denormalized dimensional presentation layers.
- Identify enhancements to existing models.
- Design and develop complex ETL processes.
- Refine and create agile stories in support of the data architecture and development.
- Create and maintain procedures and supporting documentation in support of the DW environment and policies.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a business or technical field (information systems, business administration, computer science.)
- 8 or more years of experience in a traditional data or analytics corporate environment.
- 8 or more years and proven understanding of Data Warehouse, BI, and Business Analysis techniques.
- Expertise in SQL and in data modelling, including dimensional data models.
- Expertise in ETL and data integration concepts and tools (Informatica and SSIS preferred.)
- Experience in hybrid architectures leveraging traditional RDBMS (Teradata preferred) and Hadoop (Cloudera preferred.)
- Understanding of reporting tools (Tableau, Business Objects.)
- Understanding of Scrum/Agile methodology.
- Able to rapidly learn new processes/subject areas.
- Experience in Cloud environments is a plus. Knowledge of Snowflake an additional plus.
- Property and Casualty Insurance Experience preferred.
- Strong communication, presentation and relationship management skills.
- Health Coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision
- Paid time off including Vacation, Illness and Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Disability Coverage
- 401k Savings Plan
- Employee Discounts
‘Creating members for life by exceeding our members’ expectations through valuable products and legendary service ‘AAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer