COMPANY: ALEXANDER MANN SOLUTIONS (CONTINGENT)
JOB TYPE: Permanent, FullTime
Alexander Mann Solutions (AMS) is the world's leading provider of Talent Acquisition and Management Services. We deliver award-winning solutions to over 65 outsourcing clients and consulting services to hundreds more. Our Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) service acts as an extension of our clients' recruitment team and provides professional interim and temporary resources.
Our investment banking client has been present in the UK for more than 150 years, they're a long-term partner to British business. Today, the Group is formed of 10 divisions and employs 9,300 staff based in 21 core locations right across the country. Their role is simply stated: help clients achieve their goals by combining local know-how and global reach. In so doing, they seek to make a positive, sustainable contribution to both the UK economy and society.
On behalf of this organisation, AMS are looking for a Junior/Intern Java Developer (French Speaking) for a 6 Month) contract based in London.
Purpose of the Role:
- This Rapid Application Development team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the RAD front office framework servicing the needs of the Equities and Commodities trading desks (both flows and exotics activities). The department is also responsible for looking after associated Quantitative Research, Middle Office, Risk and Regulatory areas aligned with the above desks.
This is a fantastic intern level opportunity for Java Developers with limited commercial experience to gain knowledge and exposure of complex systems within Front Office and IB environments.
As a Junior/Intern Java Developer (French Speaking) you will be responsible for:
- Work as a business aligned RAD developer in the front office Technology team.
- Work on the enhancement and maintenance of the RAD FO reporting, market data contribution, risk and PnL framework.
- Use Rapid Application Development techniques for quick turn-around of high-profile projects.
What we require from the candidate:
- Solid grasp of JAVA with a good knowledge of its ecosystem - some commercial experience required.
- French language fluency.
- Previous exposure to commercial Python development
- Willingness to upskill in the following technology stacks: JAVA, C#, Python, Excel / VBA, Python, SQL (SQL Server, Oracle) and HTML/CSS/XLST.
- Highly motivated to work directly for a front-office IT team.
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges.
- Strong communication and analytical skills - able to work with trading desks, business management, Quantitative Research and IT teams to build and deliver solutions.
- Analytical Skills - ability to follow complex quantitative concepts.
- Able to work independently and deliver when under pressure and time constraints.
- Previous IB or Front Office experience would be highly beneficial
If you are interested in applying for this position and meet the criteria outlined above, please click the link to apply and we will contact you with an update in due course.
Alexander Mann Solutions, a Recruitment Process Outsourcing Company, may in the delivery of some of its services be deemed to operate as an Employment Agency or an Employment Business