The Test Engineer shall design fixtures and write test programs for ATE and HASS. The Test Engineer shall utilize existing industry best practices and new methodologies in satisfying the performance criteria that have been set for TDI’s automated test culture. Supervision received is both technical and administrative, with assignments given in terms of customer specifications, ATPs and objectives. Equivalent to Engineering Level GS-7.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, develop, debug and implement fixtures for ATE test setups.
- Design, develop, debug and implement fixtures for HASS test setups.
- Design, develop, debug and implement test programs for ATE test setups.
- Design, develop, debug and implement test programs for HASS test setups.
- Build robust, influential relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Practice common-sense thinking, data-driven decision making and process scalability
- Provide detailed updates on assigned projects to upper management on a daily basis
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- This position requires a Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant test engineering experience for a manufacturer that sells products in high-reliability applications to Fortune 100 customers
- Demonstrated Proficiency in electronic design
- Demonstrated Proficiency in C++, Visual Basic and VB Net programming languages
- Demonstrated proficiency working in the context of live production environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel
Additional Skills Desired (Preferred):
- Past experience in developing ATE and HASS production test programs for switching power supplies in high-reliability applications is a definite plus
Astrodyne TDI is a custom designer and manufacturer of innovative power solutions for demanding applications worldwide.
The Company’s products include power supplies and EMI filters which are utilized in a wide variety of markets including industrial, medical products, semiconductors, consumer appliances, military and aerospace applications. Astrodyne TDI has corporate headquarters in Nashua, NH, with domestic operational headquarters for design and manufacturing in Hackettstown, NJ. In addition to the advanced design and manufacturing center in NJ, we also maintain two wholly-owned facilities in China - one in Shenzhen dedicated to design and production of power supplies, and one in Kunshan devoted to EMI filter design and production.
Our power supply products, built for demanding environments/situations, are found in semiconductor manufacturing equipment, life-saving heart assist devices, medical carts, surgical tools, ion and proton beam steering, oil and gas exploration, in-flight entertainment systems, missile and radar systems, satellite communications systems, electrical vehicles, irrigation systems and test and measurement devices.
Our EMI filter solutions are found in a variety of consumer, industrial and military applications such as exercise/fitness equipment, consumer appliances, test and measurement equipment, telecommunications systems, elevators, renewable energy inverters and various military/aerospace designs. All design and manufacturing locations are ISO 9001 and ISO 13485 certified to ensure the highest quality and consistency of products.
Due to Military affiliations, we are unable to sponsor candidates who require a Visa. candidates MUST be a US Citizen or a Permanent Resident/Green Card Holder.
Role: Test Engineer
Apply for this job now.