Job DescriptionELECTRICAL ENGINEER - ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
JOB LOCATIONGLHN Architects & Engineers, Inc.
2939 EAST BROADWAY BOULEVARD Tucson, AZ 85716
GLHN Architects & Engineers, Inc. 3636 N Central Ave Ste., 160 Phoenix, AZ 85012
The Electrical Engineer is responsible for producing construction documents (drawings and specifications) in compliance with the scope, budget, and project schedule to the satisfaction of GLHN clients; to provide consulting services, including reports of findings, engineering analyses, and resulting design work as necessary for review. Additionally, the Electrical Engineer will actively engage in and pursue business development activities.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or /BS in Architectural Engineering with an emphasis on lighting design from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with a consulting/design firm
- Registered Professional Engineer in Arizona or have the ability to obtain registration within six months of hire
- Proficient working knowledge of discipline-specific modeling software (AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD, Revit, and Navisworks)
- Proficient in the use of MS products.
- Strong communication, writing, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited supervision while adhering to project deadlines
- Experience in executing business development strategies including initiating contact with existing and potential clients, identifying client needs, and selling appropriate design services to meet those needs is highly preferable
- Desire and aptitude to grow clientele base
- Strong interview and presentation skills
- 5 or more years of experience working with a consulting/design firm
- Maintains project schedules and timely completion of projects, or portions of projects
- Assists in the preparation of presentations, client interfacing; participates in regular plan reviews
- Assists in preparing scopes, fees, for proposed projects
- Prepares design computations, load, fault current, illumination, voltage regulation, and protection device coordination studies
- Researches code and regulatory agency issues and coordinates with code/agency officials in resolving project questions/issues
- Assists in the development of the probable construction cost opinions for his/her projects within the department
- Attends client meetings
- Performs analysis of drawings, and test results to plan and design projects
- Research design options and prepare findings and recommendations
- Performs routine delegated contract administration functions
- Instructs CAD technicians to convert designs to working drawings
- Directs the work of Designers and Cad Techs using AutoCAD and Revit software programs to produce construction documents
- Maintains company and/or agency production and design standards for drawings and designs.
- Prepares reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Assist in presentations of information and responses to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Performs field inspections, investigations, and site observations and prepares construction observation reports; responds to construction issues raised by contractors in a timely fashion
- Reviews shop drawing and contractor submittals
- Provides information to Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Department Manager, if applicable on project workloads and changes in project scope or additional services
- Assists in the preparation of reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Assist Business Development Department in identifying potential clients and/or opportunities
- Prepare project resumes, project descriptions, project data information as requested by Business Development Department for use in proposals and marketing materials
- Participate in project interviews and presentations as requested by Business Development Department
- Assists Business Development Department in efforts to expand fire protection services offered by GLHN. Specialized marketing, as determined and directed by Business Development; of candidate's skills may be required
We offer a competitive benefits package for eligible employees which includes sick, vacation, and holiday pay; medical, dental, and vision care; flex-spending accounts; paid short & long-term disability and life insurance. GLHN is an Employee Owned Company via an ESOP which means employees share directly in the equity growth of the company. In addition to an ESOP GLHN offers a comprehensive 401(k) program.
We promote the opportunity for professional development by supporting education, certification, and development activities. Our wellness program through UHC assists employees in maintaining or improving their personal fitness and overall well-being
GLHN is a flexible firm rooted in compassionate solutions. A positive work-life balance is essential to our employee's well-being
TRAVEL: In-State: 30% Out of State: 15%