*All applicants will have to submit an application in order to be considered for this position. Please either submit an application in person at 1662 Middle River Loop, Fayetteville, NC 28312 or by using the following web address: #inc.com/solar/application-form/
Under general supervision, operates various equipment including bulldozers, excavators, graders, tractors, backhoes, front end loaders, articulated dump trucks, and compaction rollers. May also include forklifts and front skid steer loaders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operates graders for leveling and operates tractors to load materials such as dirt and rocks.
- Operates backhoe and front end loaders as required.
- Operates forklifts and articulated dump trucks to transport trash and materials.
- Operates various equipment for general site preparation, landscaping, and related assignments.
- Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- May lead, guide, and train temporary labor workers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis. High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to operate heavy equipment.
- Knowledge of light and heavy equipment operation and maintenance.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Knowledge of basic vehicle inspection and maintenance including tire pressure, checking oil and water levels.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- OSHA 10 hour Construction Industry preferred.
- OSHA 30 hour Construction Industry for Leaders preferred.
Conditions of Employment
- Ability to obtain a Driver's License
- Ability to perform random drug and alcohol testing.
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Successful candidate must submit to post-offer, pre-employment physical examination.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
- Work involves almost constant exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, toxic chemicals, biohazardous materials, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, and/or loud noises.
Travel is required 100% of the time. Employees may be required to stay out of town in excess of two weeks at a time.
The Company's Statement
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. During the interview process, you may be asked questions regarding your ability to perform job-related responsibilities. If the Company extends an offer of employment to you, you may be required to complete a post-job offer medical history questionnaire and/or undergo a medical examination or drug screening.
The Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Company to make employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin disability, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected category.
Applicants who are accepted for employment with the Company should understand that while every effort is made to provide continuous work, there are no employment contracts and the permanency of any position is not guaranteed.
In 2012 HBC became a multi-industry contractor by expanding our focus to include the installation of commercial Solar. Our solar division was developed to participate in the building of commercial solar projects through specializing on the installation of piles, racking and modules. Working with many of the leaders in the solar industry HBC has acquired the experience, equipment and the staff to handle projects of any size and anywhere. Becoming one of the largest and most qualified installers on the east coast, installing nearly 80 megawatts in our first year, HBC has earned the respect and trust of many companies in our industry.
Using the HBC core belief of having the right people and supplying them with the right equipment/tools our solar division is capable of handling multiple projects at any one time.
At HBC our goal is to build long-term relationships with all of our clients, we believe we achieve this by earning their confidence and trust through hard work and dedication to completing the job on time and on budget. HBC will work as hard as you do to ensure your project is a success.
Role: Heavy Equipment Operator
Apply for this job now.