- Cuts ferrous materials into sizes desirable for end users
- Identifies non-ferrous materials and sorts out metals.
- Safely and efficiently operates cutting torch/welders
- Required to use a breathing assistant system while torching
- Helps with housekeeping during down times
- Ability to operate equipment safely
- Ability to understand basic measurements and instruction
- Will be out in the different weather conditions
- Responsible for observing and following all safety rules and procedures, including wearing required personal safety equipment.
- Must be willing to fill at other tasks when needed by supervisor
- A positive attitude and be able to work independently with little supervision
- 1-2 years' experience in production or construction environment preferred
- Able to work in the heat of the summer and cold of the winter
- Ability to learn material separation and metal identification
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Good attendance and punctuality is a must
- Strong work ethic and able to multi task
- Must be able to pass background check along with drug and alcohol testing.
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to sit, bend, stoop, kneel, crouch, reach and work on your feet for extended periods of time
The employee occasionally is required to lift up to 50 pounds. The employee is frequently required to use hands, fingers; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Voluntary Life/AD&D, Medical Savings Plan
- Flexible Savings Account
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401k w/ Metro matching up to 4% (employees eligible after 1 year of employment)
- 7 paid holidays
- $500 Employee Referral Bonus
- Safety Incentives - steak dinner
- Company Christmas Party
- Company Summer Employee & Family Party
- Extra Mile Points
Metro Group, Inc. is a premier metal recycling company servicing the Wasatch Front. Family owned and operated since 1976, Metro Group is committed to providing quality service with integrity. As a growing company, we are looking for a self-motivated individual passionate about customer service, operating equipment, optimizing experience and enhancing the effectiveness of our team. We want to execute winning strategies to ensure employees are providing WOW customer service in a safe and effective manner.
Role: Torch Operator
Location: Salt Lake City,
Apply for this job now.