Job Summary: This position will focus on Supernus Payer Strategy/Tactics for our Parkinson's franchise products. Their primary role will be evaluating our current Payer strategies and assessing new approaches to our payer business. This position will work closely with their counterparts in Account Management, Trade, Marketing and Contracting. Their ability to work effectively with the other key members of the Corporate Accounts team and other disciplines will be critical.
The primary areas which they will have input and responsibility are payer channel strategy; launch product payer strategy; current and future product messaging. They will be the Parkinson's product expert on reimbursement and access strategy and tactics. They will focus their attention on optimizing all of our future/current product opportunities while identifying any threats which need to be addressed strategically.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- The ability to think about our payer business strategically, i.e. constantly evaluating our payer approach from a “big picture” point of view
- A leader who can clearly communicate a recommended strategy or describe why the current approach must be changed.
- The ability to work as a team with the Head of Account Management, Head of Contract/Segment/Pricing, Director, Trade to develop key Corporate Account strategies/tactics.
- The ability to develop materials and put them through the review process (Medical, Regulatory, Legal).
- Take responsibility for account team training on product strategy or value proposition
- Provide input to marketing in conjunction with the annual Brand planning process
- Ability to effectively analyze payer channels to uncover unidentified risk or opportunities
- Good understanding of Specialty Distribution model as well as Buy and Bill
- Up-to-date, in-depth understanding of commercial/government payer landscape, including Medicare Part D, Medicare Part B, Medicaid, PBM and Health Plan dynamics. This would allow them to effectively identify payer trends that could affect Supernus.
- Possesses the ability to effectively partner with those in the Corporate Accounts area as well as those in Sales/Marketing/Clinical/Med Affairs
- Comfortable with developing Corporate Account product, value proposition or company messages and effectively communicating them to the larger team.
Knowledge & Other Qualifications:
- Education and Experience:
- B.A./B.S. required MBA preferred
- 5+ years Pharmaceutical Payer Strategy/Marketing related experience required
- Experience in payer/product messaging as well as developing tactics
- Previous Account Management or Marketing experience preferred
- Proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze and interpret financial reports and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups and/or boards of directors.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to analyze financial scenarios (market shares, unit volume, unit profitability, ROI). Ability to understand financial modeling and generate simple models. Experience in account measurement, reporting and forecasting.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Creativity: Ability to generate creative solutions in the ever-changing environment of managed care.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and maintain high ethical standards of integrity[TC1] and quality.
- Ability of having an innovative and dynamic approach to work.
- A self-starter able to work independently but comfortable working in a team environment.
- Ability to consistently exhibit Supernus Values in interactions with employees at all levels of the organization, vendors, customers and others.
- Capable of performing other duties as assigned by Management.
- Authorized to legally work in the United States without visa sponsorship.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
Supernus Pharmaceuticals is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.