General Job Description:
Has overall responsibility for receiving, shipping, and moving materials within warehouse. Verifies the inventory quantity and assists in inventory level maintenance. Maintains complete paperwork for warehouse operations. Operates warehouse equipment in a safe manner. Gaining or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Typically reports to Operations Manager. Works under moderate supervision.
- Receiving: Received incoming cargo by off-loading from trucks or containers (by hand, with a hand truck, with a pallet jack, or with a forklift). Verify and note the count and condition of cargo received. Document received items and carefully put them away in their designated locations.
- Shipping: Pull and prepare equipment in outgoing orders for shipment. May pull items by hand, with a hand truck, with a pallet jack, or with a forklift. Accurately label each piece of freight to its proper destination. Segregate outgoing cargo by purchase order, customer, or freight carrier depending on shipping method. Pack orders in an orderly manner and secure cartons so they are prepared for shipping
- Customer Service: Develop and maintain excellent customer service to internal and external customers at all times.
- Inventory: Conduct periodic inventory counts. Provide real-time and accurate inventory levels of all incoming/outgoing merchandize as requested. Work closely with the office staff to ensure that the computer system matches physical inventory in warehouse.
- Warehouse Maintenance: Perform various warehouse maintenance tasks, including sweeping floors, organizing equipment, etc. Responsible for safety, security, and physical condition of the warehouse space. Manage warehouse floor/rack space to ensure organization and traceability.
- Train and support newly on-boarded employees (peers) in similar positions, treat merchandise with care and concern at all times, and performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Able to concentrate, handle pressure, meet deadlines and pay attention to details.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Ability to drive and/or operate heavy equipment.
- Read, comprehend and complete basic checklists, forms or other related documents.
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to fifty (80) pounds.
- Ability to work on feet for up to 4 hours at a time.
- Ability to work in fast pace environment.
Minimum Experience Required
- Education: High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Job Field: 3+ years forklift experience.
- Current forklift certification required.
- OSHA certification preferred.
For additional company information, please visit our website at #removed#
Role: Warehouse Associate
Apply for this job now.