PE Teaching Assistant - Primary School - Castleford (WF10) - March start date - Full-time
A Primary School we work closely with in Castleford (WF10) are currently recruiting for a Teaching Assistant who also specialises in delivering Physical Education to work with children across KS1 and KS2. This post is a long-term contract, designed to cover PPA time in a fun and exciting manner. You must be able to plan and deliver PE Lessons and have previous experience and a relevant qualification. Please know you also may be required to do some General Teaching Assistant work within the classrooms to help support the school when you are not leading PE sessions.
The Head Teacher is looking for someone with an enthusiastic and caring approach, a motivating influence and most importantly, can be a positive role model for young children. In return, the qualified you will have the opportunity to work with a fun team in a very welcoming environment.
- Long-term and Full time
- Work hours: 08:30am - 3:30pm
- Up to £80 per day
- Start date: To be confirmed
- Location: Wakefield / Castleford
Applicants need to have:
• A sports coaching qualification or, educational based degree
• A real desire to make a positive difference to children
• Experience delivering PE sessions to pupils in a professional capacity
What is required from you:
- Available to work five days a week
- DBS registered with the Update Service (desirable)
- Experience leading PE in the last 12 months (preferable)
- Available to work as soon as the Children return to school (to be confirmed)
- Have at least two education-based references from your most recent employer(s) which are GOOD or OUTSTANDING.
If you are interested in this role please contact Charley Alexander at the Leeds Wakefield Primary branch on the contact details below or, register to Teaching Personnel online.