Do you love your community? Do you like to help people and know that you've made a difference in their day? WE DO TOO! At Block by Block, we provide clean, safety and outreach to communities all around the country. And in the San Francisco Area we have many programs keeping the area clean and safe. But we need help. If you believe that you have the qualities that we are looking for please apply today and join our winning team.
Weekly Pay/Free Uniforms/Health/Dental/Vision/401k/Employee Assistance Programs/Discounted Purchasing Programs/ A Great Company Culture That Encourages Fun and More!
Clean and Safety Ambassadors can provide a high level of visibility at the street level to serve as a visible deterrent, report unwanted activity, and challenge crimes, while providing a high level of customer service and engagement to those who live, work or visit the service district. They will also carry out a wide variety of tasks to improve the overall appearance of the service district they are assigned to. Just imagine being greeted by our cleaning and safety ambassadors with a friendly "Hello" and an inquiry of "How are you?" whenever you encounter them! Picture being a visitor to a new city and being lost. Not knowing which way to turn but then having an Ambassador to help you find your way. That is what we do. We help people.
· SERVING AS A DETERRENT – patrol on foot and bike to circulate through assigned areas to deter unwanted activity and crime through uniformed visible presence. Visually deterring any type of illegal activity that can harm people or businesses.
· Manual Litter Collection – circulate through assigned work areas with a rolling can or bucket containing supplies and tools to take care of cleaning and address the following tasks:
o Removing litter and picking up trash, cigarette butts and other debris on sidewalks, street gutter, and alleys
o Remove graffiti and posters and stickers from light posts, trash cans, news boxes and other public infrastructure
o Pull isolated weeds from tree wells, sidewalks, empty lots and anywhere in the district that needs a sprucing up.
o Damp wipe and straighten horizontal surfaces, such as trash can lids, news boxes and other infrastructure. Cleaning and power washing the sidewalks to clean up the waste left by dogs, cats and homelessness.
· OBSERVE AND REPORT – while on patrol be watchful for unwanted behaviors or criminal activity as well as looking out for those needing escorts and report to Safety Ambassadors via two-way radios. Must be able to articulate an accurate description of persons, vehicles, and other similar identifiers.
· ADDRESS UNWANTED ACTIVITIES – Ambassadors will firmly and courteously request compliance to persons violating laws and being crimes, such as aggressive panhandling, non-aggressive panhandling, loitering, pick pocketing, disruptive behavior, etc.
· HOSPITALITY AND CUSTOMER SERVICE – While on patrol will go out of the way to actively acknowledge pedestrians with a friendly greeting or identify visitors in order to provide directions, information, city information or recommendations.
· STAKEHOLDER RELATIONS – Ambassadors will be responsible for making a specified number of visits to district businesses to share information and make professional contacts on behalf of the customer.
· REPORTING – must be able to provide written reports of broken infrastructure, graffiti on private property, and provide a basic daily report of accomplishments and tasks completed.
· PROFESSIONALISM – Must maintain a positive, professional environment in full compliance with applicable laws, regulations, policies, procedures and overall Block by Block standards of expected professionalism.
· PHYSICAL ABILITIES –
o Must have the physical capacity to traverse continuously during an eight hour shift, with normal breaks (two fifteen minutes, and one thirty minute meal break).
o Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather gear.
· COMMUNICATION – Must be able to speak, read, and write the English language in order to create basic reports.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $15.50 to $19.00 /hour MORE $ FOR DRIVER'S LICENSES
Promote this job for more candidates:
We provide safety, cleaning, hospitality and outreach services for downtown improvement districts all across the country. We are a great company that is very employee friendly. Block by Block knows that our employees are our biggest asset and treats our Ambassadors accordingly. Our culture is very important to us and we value our work family as one of our biggest assets. We offer benefits to full and part-time employees because we care about everyone's well being no matter how many hours of service to us they deliver. We are devoted to improving our communities and the people who live work and play in them.
Role: Safety Associate
Location: San Francisco,
Apply for this job now.