With the merging of three firms, L&H CPAs and Advisors has quickly grown to become a Dallas leader in financial and accounting services. L&H has earned the reputation as their client’s most trusted advisors by providing integrated financial services with an outstanding level of service and expertise.
Our primary focus is to create and maintain strong relationships with clients through effective tax compliance, planning, and forward-looking advisory services.
The Senior Tax Accountant is the first advisor to review a client's tax documents to prepare the necessary partnership, corporate, partnership, trust, or individual income tax returns. Proper preparation requires reviewing the client's tax history with current period accounting records. Frequent communication with the client is not only necessary but also imperative to successfully meet the client's needs. Daily, internal communication with an administrative team and the manager/partner is also required to bolster an efficient workflow.
Responsibilities will include:
- Prepares federal, state, and local tax returns by gathering information relevant to the tax filing period.
- Prepares tax estimates by reviewing, preparing, and consolidating historic and current financial information.
- Recommends tax strategies by researching federal, state, and local taxation issues.
- Maintains current legislative knowledge by reviewing, interpreting, and implementing new or revised laws.
- Recommends procedures that will streamlet workflow for the client and manager.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position that seasonally requires long hours and some weekend work.
- Minimum of 2 years of tax preparation with experience in partnership, corporate, trust, and/or individual returns.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree preferred or relative equivalent experience.
- CPA license required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage client relationships.
L&H CPAs and Advisors specializes in integrated financial management solutions. Our firm provides accounting, tax planning, CFO services, business consulting, and wealth management to serve the complete financial needs of our clients.
Role: Senior Tax Accountant
Apply for this job now.