Company: LIVESTOCK NUTRITION CENTER, LLC
Job Type: Permanent, FullTime
Livestock Nutrition Center specializes in blending customized rations, supplements and premixes to meet the specific nutritional needs of livestock producers' operations. We understand that management, performance objectives and feeding practices can be vastly different between operations, and that these differences dictate specific nutritional or formulation requirements. Our experienced sales staff and nutritionist will work with the producer to design a feeding program that is specific to their operation.
Our Mission is to add value to the suppliers and end users in the feed ingredient supply chain through distribution, processing and service.
Our focus is to provide customized feeding programs, nutritional products, and expert service to livestock producers that promote their long-term success and profitability.
Livestock Nutrition Center is seeking to hire an experienced Sales Consultant to join our team in Keota, OK. This individual will be responsible for driving a consultative sales approach, product knowledge, and the entire sales process. They will develop and implement an agreed upon marketing plan which will meet both personal and business goals of expanding and deepening the customer base in the marketing area. They will work with, mentor, and be willing to lead the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with Livestock Nutrition Center's company vision and values. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years' experience in production agriculture, following the completion of their undergraduate degree, and have a strong foundation in Beef Cattle nutrition.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Learning technical selling skills and customized feed and product knowledge to effectively present LNC's customized services and products.
- Assist in development of annual business plan in conjunction with Sales Manager, which details activities to follow during the fiscal year, which will focus the Sales Associate on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Learn and become conversant in LNC pricing and proposal models.
- Learning customized feed and product knowledge, as well as industry information, to carry on a knowledgeable conversation of the ranching operation of the prospect or customer.
- Develop an understanding of our formulation program, load/planner scheduling, pricing direction for plant, mineral program recommendations, trademark product sales direction and recommendations.
- Maximizes all opportunities in the process of closing a sale with a goal of owning the customer and building loyalty.
- Demonstrates the ability to gather and, with assistance, analyze client or prospect information.
- As appropriate, takes on the role of primary customer contact as assigned by the sales manager.
- Sells consultatively and makes recommendations to prospects and clients on the various solutions the company offers that fit their needs.
- Develops a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, direct mail, email, and networking. Responsible for sourcing and developing client relationships and referrals and reporting such development on a timely basis.
- Assists in the implementation of company marketing plans as needed.
- Maintains accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities within their assigned territory.
- Assists in the collection of Accounts Receivables through tracking and identification of potential problems.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team.
- Participates and contributes to the development of educational programs offered to clients, prospects and company employees.
- Ensure that each customer receives outstanding service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, and all other aspects of customer service.
- Work in conjunction with Location managers and follow any operations protocol/guidelines from Location Manager of your assigned location.
- Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by management.
Relationships and Roles
- Maintain contact with assigned clients in the market area to ensure high levels of Client Satisfaction.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, focus on the customer, collaborate with others, solve problems creatively, and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working team relationships with all team members.
Qualifications, Skills, and Specifications
- Bachelor's degree in Animal Science or Agriculture.
- Minimum of 3-5 years' experience preferred, following the completion of undergraduate degree.
- Preferred experience in production agriculture, specifically within Stocker/Preconditioning yards, Seedstock producers, and/or Cow-Calf operations.
- A strong foundation in Beef Cattle nutrition, with the ability to understand the impact of nutrition on the producer's overall profitability.
- Basic understanding of Agricultural Business and market dynamics.
- Willingness to travel and work within a team environment.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Team mentorship ability and experience preferred.
- Ability to effectively communicate with associates and customers.
- Ability to operate all equipment necessary to perform the job.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, and to move and handle boxes, which may entail lifting up to 25 pounds, and perform all functions as set forth above.
- Ability to work varied hours/days, including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Maintain a mobile smart phone service with access to email and voice/data for company business.
Benefits and Perks
- All full-time employees eligible for comprehensive benefits package.
Powered by JazzHR