Electrical Engineer - 12 month (initial) contract - Umbrella Rates up to £27 p/h
PAYE Illustrations also available.
Are you an Electrical Design Engineer looking to enhance your career by working for an iconic Engineering Manufacturer? Are you looking to work on projects showcasing new technology and creating engineering solutions for the future?
We're currently looking for an Electrical Engineer, ideally with CREO design experience to join one of our customer's off highway machinery product groups at their site in Desford. Within this initial 12 month contract opportunity you will be involved in the design and release of electrical components and systems for their world leading machinery.
Key responsibilities will include;
- Requirements capture, functional specifications, FMEA, design, development testing, validation, and certification.
Within this opportunity you will be working in development areas, labs, as well as designing. You will also be interfacing heavily with sub-system engineering teams, internal and external suppliers, and customers as well as the other departments.
Experience we're looking to see from an Electrical Design Engineer;
- Direct experience using Creo, Teamcenter data management systems, specifically for component modelling and concepting, experience with detailing and releasing as well as a working knowledge and experience with Caterpillar engineering data systems (EDS)
- Hands-on practical technical experience, troubleshooting skills and a good appreciation of associated vehicle sub-systems such as hydraulics, engines and transmissions are also strongly desired.
- Direct experience of designing, developing (executing test & validation) and introducing mechanical components and systems in off-road mobile applications is essential.
- Experience of designing electrical / electronic assemblies is desired however a willingness to develop in this area is essential.
- Mechanical (mechanical fixings and fasteners) bracket design, metalwork design.
- Electric Vehicle knowledge is highly desirable
This advert represents a summary of the full role description. To apply, please submit a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Applicants must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted.