Our (start-up) client is looking for a Software Developer with a focus on full-stack web development to join their team. The developer will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the company's public facing as well as internal websites. You will be part of the engineering team and will work closely with the Graphic Design and Marketing teams to implement the specified features. The right candidate will have a solid combination of analytical and creative skills, as well as up-to-date knowledge of web design trends and technologies.
- Create new and maintain existing websites.
- Write great code. Innovate and contribute to the analysis, design, critique and continual improvement of the site architecture and its constituent software components, process, tools, and methodologies
- Translate product requirements and technical designs into well-engineered, low-defect, robust code.
- Lead code reviews, troubleshoot systems issues, and protect the code base and product.
- Ensure that all design elements, templates, and finished solutions work within a variety of browser types and screen settings.
- Utilize Ruby on Rails, Rspec, ReactJS, Golang, PostgreSQL, Redis, AWS Beanstalk & Container Orchestration to achieve the above.
- Keep up-to-date with current web trends, techniques, and technologies.
- Produce products that are user-friendly, effective, and appealing.
- Must have minimum of 3+ years’ experience in software engineering with recent production expertise developing in Ruby on Rails.
- Familiar and comfortable with the technologies, the tradeoffs, and the design patterns emerging in web services.
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) environments.
- Experience in programming for Spree eCommerce Framework is a plus.
- Experience in programming in Golang is a plus.
- Experience in deploying environments to AWS Beanstalk is a plus.
- Experience managing outside softwares consultants - delivering on time and on budget results.
- Solid understanding of responsive web design.
- Knowledge of UI design and usability.
- Must be familiar with web standards and cross-browser development.
- Detail-oriented and the ability to think strategically.
- Must thrive in a fast paced start-up environment, possessing strong organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills with the ability to take direction, work well independently, or in a team environment.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to clearly articulate thoughts, vision and direction, as well as communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
** No Visa sponsorship or transfer of any kind, at this time. **
Role: Software Engineer (Rails)
Location: West Hollywood,
Apply for this job now.